So starting to get into the weeds of the trip specifics for December with C&K and would love to start getting tactical feedback on some of their city-by-city tour suggestions. I know nothing about some of these inner city sights -- other than the requisite guide book blurbs. Looking for guidance on whether or not we're hitting the 'right' spots in each city (especially given the fast clip we're moving at and, thus, the limited amount of time to see sights), that we're not taking on too much, and really looking for feedback if some of the 'add-ons' they're throwing in are really touristy and cheesy (i.e., rickshaw rides, etc.)
So let's start with Delhi first. We're there for one night + one full day and night. That full day the plan is to tour Old & New Delhi. Not sure if they're actually proposing ALL of this (which, if they are, seems completely undoable) but the itinerary says: Old Delhi tour: Raj Ghat, Jama Masjid and Red Fort; New Delhi tour: Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, and then a drive along Rajpath past Inida Gate, Parliament House and the President's Residence. This apparently somehow also includes a cycle rickshaw ride from Jama Masjid to Chandni Chowk somewhere in there.
Can anyone make heads or tails of this? Better yet: what would the ideal one-day tour of Delhi be? Something not too overwhelming. I don't think we could ever--nor would ever want to--see the whole city in one day.
Feedback on India Tour specifics
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 2 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 3 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 1st time Japan - solo female
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 14 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 15 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 16 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 17 Odyssey unlimited
- 18 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 19 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 20 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 21 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 22 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 23 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February