So starting to get into the weeds of the trip specifics for December with C&K and would love to start getting tactical feedback on some of their city-by-city tour suggestions. I know nothing about some of these inner city sights -- other than the requisite guide book blurbs. Looking for guidance on whether or not we're hitting the 'right' spots in each city (especially given the fast clip we're moving at and, thus, the limited amount of time to see sights), that we're not taking on too much, and really looking for feedback if some of the 'add-ons' they're throwing in are really touristy and cheesy (i.e., rickshaw rides, etc.)
So let's start with Delhi first. We're there for one night + one full day and night. That full day the plan is to tour Old & New Delhi. Not sure if they're actually proposing ALL of this (which, if they are, seems completely undoable) but the itinerary says: Old Delhi tour: Raj Ghat, Jama Masjid and Red Fort; New Delhi tour: Humayun's Tomb, Qutab Minar, and then a drive along Rajpath past Inida Gate, Parliament House and the President's Residence. This apparently somehow also includes a cycle rickshaw ride from Jama Masjid to Chandni Chowk somewhere in there.
Can anyone make heads or tails of this? Better yet: what would the ideal one-day tour of Delhi be? Something not too overwhelming. I don't think we could ever--nor would ever want to--see the whole city in one day.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 2 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 3 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 4 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Itinerary Help Japan
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 10 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 11 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 12 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 13 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 14 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 15 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 16 Silk Road Tour - China
- 17 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 18 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 19 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 20 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 21 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 22 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 23 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 24 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 25 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos