We are leaving in one week on our two week trip to Sri Lanka. We are from the US and I am wondering what is the easiest way to deal with money in Sri Lanka. Should we take travelers checks or US dollars? We have paid for very little of our trip up front so I am concerned with bringing a lot of cash. If we do bring US dollars can we use them for tips, etc or is it better to exchange and use rupees.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 Problems at 12,000'
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 5 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 8 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 9 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 10 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 15 How safe is Delhi/India
- 16 Malaria
- 17 Vietnam and coffee
- 18 I'm going to Japan!
- 19 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 20 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Cherry blossom
- 23 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 24 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 25 Shopping in Akhiabara