We are leaving in one week on our two week trip to Sri Lanka. We are from the US and I am wondering what is the easiest way to deal with money in Sri Lanka. Should we take travelers checks or US dollars? We have paid for very little of our trip up front so I am concerned with bringing a lot of cash. If we do bring US dollars can we use them for tips, etc or is it better to exchange and use rupees.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 2 Finding flights and hotels globally
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 Mekong River Cruises
- 5 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 6 16 days in Vietnam
- 7 Nancy Chandler maps
- 8 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 9 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 10 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 11 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 12 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 13 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 14 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 15 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 16 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 17 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 18 Help re. Visa.
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 21 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 22 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 23 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 24 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 25 Advice on Tipping in Bali