The Aug 6 edition of the New Yorker has an excellent article on the recent political changes in Burma entitled "The Burmese Spring" by Evan Osnos. Recommended reading for those of you who have been to Burma and those who are considering going.
Excellent New Yorker article on politics in Burma
- 1 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 2 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 5 Wildlife Tour of India
- 6 Udaipur, India
- 7 High Alert for Travelers! New Deadly Bird Flu in China
- 8 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 9 Taxi from Kuala Lumpur to Melaka
- 10 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 11 Hanoi airport transfer to Hotel
- 12 Cell Phones in India
- 13 Golden Triangle - To Hire a Car and Driver or Not???
- 14 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 15 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 16 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 17 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 18 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 19 Kashmir or Nepal
- 20 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 21 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 22 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 23 white sand beaches in thailand
- 24 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 25 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore