My husband and I are in the very early planning stages of a trip to Nepal and India for the fall of 2008. We would like to do one of the Everest Treks and are not sure whether it is worth the extra time to go all the way to the Everest Base Camp or not. I should say although we are both very fit and healthy and run regularly, neither of us have ever done any mountain hiking or trekking before. Aside from the bragging rights to say we went to base camp I am not sure its worth the extra time or not. I have looked at some of the trips and they seem really intense and I do want a holiday!!! Any advice would be appreciated regarding tour companies, what to expect etc. Thanks!!!
Everest Base Camp Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kashmir today
- 2 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 3 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 4 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 7 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 8 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 9 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 10 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 11 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 12 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 13 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 14 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 15 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 16 Triple Room in Singapore
- 17 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 18 What I like about Mumbai
- 19 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 20 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 21 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 22 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 6 full days in Yagoon
- 25 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo