My husband and I are in the very early planning stages of a trip to Nepal and India for the fall of 2008. We would like to do one of the Everest Treks and are not sure whether it is worth the extra time to go all the way to the Everest Base Camp or not. I should say although we are both very fit and healthy and run regularly, neither of us have ever done any mountain hiking or trekking before. Aside from the bragging rights to say we went to base camp I am not sure its worth the extra time or not. I have looked at some of the trips and they seem really intense and I do want a holiday!!! Any advice would be appreciated regarding tour companies, what to expect etc. Thanks!!!
Everest Base Camp Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 July itinerary in Japan
- 2 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 3 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 4 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 5 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 6 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 7 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 8 Vietnam or Brazil
- 9 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 10 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 11 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 12 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 13 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 14 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!
- 15 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 16 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 17 Where in Bali should we stay
- 18 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 19 Any info about Zomato?
- 20 First trip to Japan
- 21 Kyoto, Nara, Hakone - what advance reservations do we need?
- 22 Beijing Airport to City Late Night Bus
- 23 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 24 Question about booking train tickets in Japan
- 25 Mosquitos in CM