My husband and I are in the very early planning stages of a trip to Nepal and India for the fall of 2008. We would like to do one of the Everest Treks and are not sure whether it is worth the extra time to go all the way to the Everest Base Camp or not. I should say although we are both very fit and healthy and run regularly, neither of us have ever done any mountain hiking or trekking before. Aside from the bragging rights to say we went to base camp I am not sure its worth the extra time or not. I have looked at some of the trips and they seem really intense and I do want a holiday!!! Any advice would be appreciated regarding tour companies, what to expect etc. Thanks!!!
Everest Base Camp Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 2 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 3 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 4 Recommended - Book Halong Bay Cruise Vietnam - with Darian Culbert
- 5 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 6 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 9 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 10 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 13 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 14 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 15 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 16 Japan Itinerary for May
- 17 Thai island escape
- 18 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 19 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 22 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 South Korea 5 days
- 25 Japan -OAT tour