My husband and I are in the very early planning stages of a trip to Nepal and India for the fall of 2008. We would like to do one of the Everest Treks and are not sure whether it is worth the extra time to go all the way to the Everest Base Camp or not. I should say although we are both very fit and healthy and run regularly, neither of us have ever done any mountain hiking or trekking before. Aside from the bragging rights to say we went to base camp I am not sure its worth the extra time or not. I have looked at some of the trips and they seem really intense and I do want a holiday!!! Any advice would be appreciated regarding tour companies, what to expect etc. Thanks!!!
Everest Base Camp Trek
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 2 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?