I'm trying to estimate hours between stops for a road trip. How long does the drive between Samcheok and Gyeongju actually takes, does anyone know? I've read that buses take 6 hours, but I assume this is due to the numerous stops one would expect a bus to do. I'll be driving with a handy-dandy GPS. On the map, the distance doesn't look like it would take anymore than 2.5 hours. My plan is to drive from Samcheok late morning to reach Gyeongju by 2PM or thereabouts to see Bulguk-sa, and then drive to Daesu after dinner (maybe around 7PM) to arrive by 10PM.
Hope someone can elucidate if this is practical? We don't get confused easily plus with the GPS I'm not too worried about getting lost.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo hotel help
- 2 Fethiye to Bodrum
- 3 Vietnam visa
- 4 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 5 The ethics of choosing to visit a repressive country like Myanmar
- 6 Family Friendly Penang
- 7 Train trip costs help please
- 8 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 9 Weather forecast
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 14 Sri Lanka advice
- 15 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 16 Ryokan in Japan
- 17 Indonesia (other than Bali!)
- 18 Effects of Labour Day & Buddha's Birthday on HK touring?
- 19 Sri Lanka for 13 nights -need advice
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Itinerary & airport help
- 22 Dinner spots for solo traveller
- 23 [Travel to ThaiLand]
- 24 Snapshots From Kerala
- 25 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?