I'm trying to estimate hours between stops for a road trip. How long does the drive between Samcheok and Gyeongju actually takes, does anyone know? I've read that buses take 6 hours, but I assume this is due to the numerous stops one would expect a bus to do. I'll be driving with a handy-dandy GPS. On the map, the distance doesn't look like it would take anymore than 2.5 hours. My plan is to drive from Samcheok late morning to reach Gyeongju by 2PM or thereabouts to see Bulguk-sa, and then drive to Daesu after dinner (maybe around 7PM) to arrive by 10PM.
Hope someone can elucidate if this is practical? We don't get confused easily plus with the GPS I'm not too worried about getting lost.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 Bangkok Taxis
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 6 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 7 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 8 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 9 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 10 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 11 A month in central Asia
- 12 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 13 Something about... Malaysia
- 14 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 15 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 16 Osaka, aquarium?
- 17 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 18 favorite activities in krabi area
- 19 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 20 Cambodia arrival visa
- 21 Itinerary feedback please
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 24 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 25 Singapore with kids
Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?