I'm trying to estimate hours between stops for a road trip. How long does the drive between Samcheok and Gyeongju actually takes, does anyone know? I've read that buses take 6 hours, but I assume this is due to the numerous stops one would expect a bus to do. I'll be driving with a handy-dandy GPS. On the map, the distance doesn't look like it would take anymore than 2.5 hours. My plan is to drive from Samcheok late morning to reach Gyeongju by 2PM or thereabouts to see Bulguk-sa, and then drive to Daesu after dinner (maybe around 7PM) to arrive by 10PM.
Hope someone can elucidate if this is practical? We don't get confused easily plus with the GPS I'm not too worried about getting lost.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 3 Beijing tours
- 4 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 5 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 10 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 16 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 17 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 20 Takayama trail, Japan
- 21 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 22 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 23 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 24 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.
Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?