I'm trying to estimate hours between stops for a road trip. How long does the drive between Samcheok and Gyeongju actually takes, does anyone know? I've read that buses take 6 hours, but I assume this is due to the numerous stops one would expect a bus to do. I'll be driving with a handy-dandy GPS. On the map, the distance doesn't look like it would take anymore than 2.5 hours. My plan is to drive from Samcheok late morning to reach Gyeongju by 2PM or thereabouts to see Bulguk-sa, and then drive to Daesu after dinner (maybe around 7PM) to arrive by 10PM.
Hope someone can elucidate if this is practical? We don't get confused easily plus with the GPS I'm not too worried about getting lost.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 2 New Years in Japan
- 3 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 4 A Victory Day Tour
- 5 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 6 Traffic and Police in India
- 7 India visa for new passport
- 8 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 9 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 10 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 11 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 12 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 13 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 14 Serendipity Srilanka
- 15 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 16 New Thai Visa
- 17 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 18 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 19 Sri Lanka in December
- 20 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 21 january 31 in colombo
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 24 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 25 3 weeks in Japan
Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?