Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 2 which is your nest city ?
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 5 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 6 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 7 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 8 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 9 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 10 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 11 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 14 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 15 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 16 Nepal
- 17 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 18 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 19 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 20 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 21 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 22 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 23 1st time Japan - solo female
- 24 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures