Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A great trip in India
- 2 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 4 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 5 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 6 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 7 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 8 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 9 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 12 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 13 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 14 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 15 Hanoi Hotel
- 16 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 17 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 18 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 19 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 20 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 21 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 22 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 23 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 24 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 25 Hakone and Mt Fuji
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,