Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,
- 1 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 2 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 3 Anyone in Bangkok
- 4 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 5 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 6 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 7 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 8 Travel Insurance
- 9 South East Asia
- 10 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 11 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 12 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 13 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 14 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 19 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 23 1 week Philippines
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Japan: best time to go?