Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 2 "necessities" for India
- 3 Changing planes at Dubai
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 EDITORS HELP....
- 6 14 days in Myanmar
- 7 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 8 Short trip to Myanmar
- 9 ATMs in Japan
- 10 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 11 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 12 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 13 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 14 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 15 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 Mandalay questions
- 18 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 19 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 20 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 21 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 22 Help - India take 2
- 23 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 24 CNX late arrival?
- 25 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,