Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 2 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 3 Train Travel in Thailand
- 4 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 5 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 6 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 7 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 8 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 9 Adventures Abroad
- 10 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 11 4.5 days in Singapore
- 12 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 13 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 14 Hakone question
- 15 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 16 Advise on visting Hokkaido to photograph cranes
- 17 Question about travel to Mae Sot
- 18 Oh dear. Japan's 7-11 cash machines have just been robbed.
- 19 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 20 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 21 Phillipines with two young children in December
- 22 Struggling with SE Asia Itinerary for November
- 23 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 24 Hong Kong early June
- 25 India Mother-Son 1st Time HELP
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,