Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 2 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 3 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 6 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 7 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 8 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 9 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 10 Indonesia travel agent
- 11 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 12 A beach of choice on Samui
- 13 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 14 Bangkok Taxis
- 15 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 16 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 17 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 18 A month in central Asia
- 19 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 20 Something about... Malaysia
- 21 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 22 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 23 Osaka, aquarium?
- 24 favorite activities in krabi area
- 25 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,