Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in HCMC, Vietnam
- 2 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 3 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 4 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 5 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 6 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 7 An island paradise?
- 8 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 9 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 10 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 11 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 12 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 13 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 14 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 15 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 16 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 17 Rental Car Bali
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 Kintamani Tour
- 20 Some notes about South Korea
- 21 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 22 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 23 Totally unprepared
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Another first-timer. Does this work?
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,