Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : China
- 2 A great trip in India
- 3 Japan GTG, early April
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 7 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 8 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 11 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Takayama trail, Japan
- 17 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 18 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 19 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 20 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 21 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 23 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 24 Visa for India
- 25 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,