Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 2 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 5 Spring in Armenia
- 6 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 7 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 8 Private tours in Northern India
- 9 a month in india
- 10 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 11 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 12 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 13 changing left over currency
- 14 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 15 Alternative to Koyasan
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 18 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 19 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 20 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 21 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 22 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 23 Tokyo hotel help
- 24 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 25 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,