Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 3 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 4 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 5 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 6 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 7 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 8 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 9 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 10 3 weeks in Japan
- 11 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 12 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 13 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 14 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 15 India Tour Companies
- 16 Vietnam Dong
- 17 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 18 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 19 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 20 New Years in Japan
- 21 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 22 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 23 Touristy Thailand
- 24 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 25 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,