Hi Travel Experts,
I have created a little problem for myself after booking a very inexpensive flight from Toronto, Canada to Beijing. I am a Chinese Canadian but was born in HK, and have the 3-star HK ID card and the "Return to homeland" card for travels to China. I am traveling from Toronto to Beijing in November and plan to return to Toronto from Hong Kong. I plan to exit Canada with my Canadian passport and enter China by using my valid "Return to homeland" card, and hence bypassing the entry visa application and its fees. I have gained entry to BJ by used my "Return to homeland" card in 2007 with no problem, but I was departing from HK. Does anyone know or have experience if I can fly from Toronto to BJ direct and then use my card to gain entry? Would the airline check-in allow me to board without a visa?
Any help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/defi-collagen-serum/
- 2 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 3 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 4 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 5 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 6 Booking on the fly
- 7 Tea estates of Munnar
- 8 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 9 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 12 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 13 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 14 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 17 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 18 like my food
- 19 Laos or Kerala?
- 20 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 21 Portable wifi rental
- 22 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 23 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 24 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 25 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
Entering China without a visa (by using the "return to homeland" card)
Hi Travel Experts,