I will be visiting Chiang Mai later this year, for the first time in 15 years. I am very keen to see an elephant "camp" & there are so many more than my previous visit. Almost all the places stress that they are for conservation, rehabilitation etc & that they do not have soccer ball games, elephant art. etc. I am now thoroughly confused- do Fodorites have recommendations for specific elephant camps? I am more interested in the rehabilitation & conservation aspects than manufactured play. Unfortunately the trip will be a day only & I will be unable to stay overnight. Thanks in advance
Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 2 Stop-over in Seoul
- 3 2 week Japan itinerary
- 4 Bali - January 2015
- 5 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 6 Visa Cambodia
- 7 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 8 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 9 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 10 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 11 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 12 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 13 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 14 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 15 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 16 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 17 meeting at beijing airport
- 18 One week in Tokyo
- 19 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 20 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 21 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 22 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 23 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 24 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 25 Hotel in Singapore