I will be visiting Chiang Mai later this year, for the first time in 15 years. I am very keen to see an elephant "camp" & there are so many more than my previous visit. Almost all the places stress that they are for conservation, rehabilitation etc & that they do not have soccer ball games, elephant art. etc. I am now thoroughly confused- do Fodorites have recommendations for specific elephant camps? I am more interested in the rehabilitation & conservation aspects than manufactured play. Unfortunately the trip will be a day only & I will be unable to stay overnight. Thanks in advance
Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 2 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 5 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 6 Connaught Place
- 7 Nepal- recipe?
- 8 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 9 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 10 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 11 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 12 My SEA trip - photos update
- 13 vietnam and laos
- 14 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 15 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 16 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 17 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 18 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 19 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 20 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 21 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 22 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 23 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 24 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 25 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia