We are interested in visiting the elephant sanctuary in Luang Prabang, but have a few questions
Should we book directly with the sanctuary or through a tour company like tiger trails?
Should we book now or when we arrive?
Does anyone have a POV on whether to do the half day trip (elephant riding/falls) or spring for the one day mahout (get to wash elephants, do mahout training)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 2 North India Itinerary advice
- 3 The Indian money crunch.
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 The truth about elephant tourism
- 6 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 7 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 8 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 9 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 12 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 13 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 14 Kerala trip
- 15 E Visa for India?
- 16 1-2 months South East Asia
- 17 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 18 Help - India.
- 19 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 20 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 21 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 22 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 23 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 24 Side trips from Taipei
- 25 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days