Our northern guide is meeting our early train into Chiang Mai (yes, we want to take the train) and delivering us to a hill tribe camp near Mae Salong that night. The whole purpose of going to Chiang Mai instead of flying to Chiang Rai is that my daughter wants to see/ride an elephant, and our three nights in the hills does not bring us into contact with them. That said, my research indicates that the camp near Lampang is more eco friendly, but the Chiang Dao camp is on the way. Could someone please give me enough positive reviews about the camp at Chiang Dao so that I don't fell compelled to drive an hour in the wrong direction. Thanks
Elephant Camp - Chiang Dao vs Conservation Camp
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 2 One week in Tokyo
- 3 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 4 THAILAND** Redone based on feedback dropped agent trying to do it myself
- 5 Overnight layover/transit in PEK or Shanghai WITHOUT a visa?
- 6 5 days booked in Ubud - would you spend one at the Writer's festival?
- 7 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 8 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 9 Flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh
- 10 china
- 11 TIPS FOR TRAVELLING THE PHILIPPINES
- 12 where to next after Nanjing 2014 youth olympic games
- 13 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 14 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 15 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 16 China - Personal recommendations
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 18 May 31st to June 13th, 2015 in Thailand, need help in itinerary
- 19 Exploring Taiwan off-the-beaten path and on a scooter
- 20 Vietnam and Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Need help organizing Itinerary
- 21 Burma river cruise
- 22 Driving in Laos
- 23 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 24 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 25 How would you organize this itinerary?