Our northern guide is meeting our early train into Chiang Mai (yes, we want to take the train) and delivering us to a hill tribe camp near Mae Salong that night. The whole purpose of going to Chiang Mai instead of flying to Chiang Rai is that my daughter wants to see/ride an elephant, and our three nights in the hills does not bring us into contact with them. That said, my research indicates that the camp near Lampang is more eco friendly, but the Chiang Dao camp is on the way. Could someone please give me enough positive reviews about the camp at Chiang Dao so that I don't fell compelled to drive an hour in the wrong direction. Thanks
Elephant Camp - Chiang Dao vs Conservation Camp
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 2 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 3 best dining in Kyoto
- 4 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 5 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 6 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 7 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 8 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 9 Colombo
- 10 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 11 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 12 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 13 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 14 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 15 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 16 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 17 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 19 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 20 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 21 Nepal- recipe?
- 22 China trip - 15 nights
- 23 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 24 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 25 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM