Our northern guide is meeting our early train into Chiang Mai (yes, we want to take the train) and delivering us to a hill tribe camp near Mae Salong that night. The whole purpose of going to Chiang Mai instead of flying to Chiang Rai is that my daughter wants to see/ride an elephant, and our three nights in the hills does not bring us into contact with them. That said, my research indicates that the camp near Lampang is more eco friendly, but the Chiang Dao camp is on the way. Could someone please give me enough positive reviews about the camp at Chiang Dao so that I don't fell compelled to drive an hour in the wrong direction. Thanks
Elephant Camp - Chiang Dao vs Conservation Camp
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 2 Vietnam - Questions
- 3 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 4 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 7 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 8 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 9 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 10 Osaka shopping
- 11 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 12 Takayama ideas in April?
- 13 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 14 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 15 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 16 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 17 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 18 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 19 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 20 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 21 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 22 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 23 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 24 Penang
- 25 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia