Our northern guide is meeting our early train into Chiang Mai (yes, we want to take the train) and delivering us to a hill tribe camp near Mae Salong that night. The whole purpose of going to Chiang Mai instead of flying to Chiang Rai is that my daughter wants to see/ride an elephant, and our three nights in the hills does not bring us into contact with them. That said, my research indicates that the camp near Lampang is more eco friendly, but the Chiang Dao camp is on the way. Could someone please give me enough positive reviews about the camp at Chiang Dao so that I don't fell compelled to drive an hour in the wrong direction. Thanks
Elephant Camp - Chiang Dao vs Conservation Camp
View all Asia activity »
- 1 cell phone in india
- 2 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 3 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 4 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 5 BOOK A HOLIDAY IN MALDIVES!!!
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Bali - recommendations for car and driver?
- 8 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 9 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 10 Magical India
- 11 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 12 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 13 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 14 SALAY from BAGAN
- 15 Japan: best time to go?
- 16 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 17 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 21 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 22 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 23 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 24 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 25 Visit To Goa