An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 2 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 3 China in July or October?
- 4 Japan or China? First Trip to Asia
- 5 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 6 Malaysian honeymoon
- 7 Beach selection in Thailand
- 8 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 9 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 10 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 11 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 12 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 13 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 15 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 16 India - 2 Days only
- 17 Burma river cruise
- 18 hotel Paradise Island in Bentota, Sri Lanka toxic hepatitis.
- 19 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 20 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 21 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 22 Travel during China national week?
- 23 My trip report from the Philippines
- 24 China with Collette Tours
- 25 Exploring Thailand