An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 2 Nepal- recipe?
- 3 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 4 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 5 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 6 My SEA trip - photos update
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 9 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 10 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 11 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 12 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 13 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 16 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 17 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 18 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 19 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 20 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 21 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 22 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 23 Connaught Place
- 24 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary