An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 2 Nepal
- 3 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 4 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 5 1st Trip to Bali
- 6 China in 12 Days
- 7 two free days in Beijing
- 8 Japan - spending money?
- 9 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 10 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 11 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 12 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 13 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 14 water villages, shanghai
- 15 language problem in japan
- 16 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 17 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 18 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 19 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 20 April in Bangkok, again!
- 21 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 22 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 23 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 24 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 25 21 days thailand and vietnam