An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 4 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 5 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 6 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 7 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 8 Krabi island tours
- 9 Phuket/ Krabi Trip
- 10 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 11 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 12 Mao Lak and Kata/Karon/Surin or Krabi and Kata/Karon/Surin?
- 13 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 14 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 17 6 full days in Yagoon
- 18 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 19 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 20 Kyushu rail pass
- 21 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 22 A wow spot
- 23 Myanmar itinerary help
- 24 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 25 And there goes the neighborhood........