An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
- 1 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 2 white sand beaches in thailand
- 3 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 4 Udaipur, India
- 5 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 6 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 7 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 8 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 9 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 10 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 11 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 12 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 13 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 14 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 15 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 16 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 17 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 18 where to go in SE Asia
- 19 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 20 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 21 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 22 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 23 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 24 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 25 trip report to tajmahal agra india