An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 2 Clothing needs
- 3 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 4 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 5 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 6 Adelphi Suites
- 7 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 8 Buying Insurance for Motorcycle Tours in Vietnam???
- 9 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 10 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 11 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 12 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 13 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 14 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 15 Nancy Chandler maps
- 16 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 17 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 18 Help re. Visa.
- 19 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 20 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 21 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 22 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 23 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 24 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 25 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21