An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 where NOT to eat sharks fin in Thailand
- 3 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 4 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 5 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 6 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 7 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 8 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 9 Kashmir or Nepal
- 10 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 11 Wildlife Tour of India
- 12 Cell Phones in India
- 13 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 14 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 15 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 16 white sand beaches in thailand
- 17 Udaipur, India
- 18 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 19 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 20 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 21 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 22 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 23 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 24 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 25 11 days in Japan, JR pass question