An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 2 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 3 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 4 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 5 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 6 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 9 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 10 Nepal- recipe?
- 11 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 12 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 13 China trip - 15 nights
- 14 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 15 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 16 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 17 best dining in Kyoto
- 18 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 19 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 20 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 21 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 22 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 23 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 24 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 25 Japan in July?