An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mt Aso Eruption
- 2 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 3 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 4 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Independent female traveller
- 7 North Vietnam Again!
- 8 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 9 Castle & King
- 10 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 13 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 14 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 15 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 16 One week in India
- 17 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 18 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 19 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 20 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 21 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 22 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 23 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 24 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 25 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor