An awesome but rarely recommended destination. The countryside is stunning and the people are beautiful and generous. We sent our 14 year old daughter there for 3 months to stay at the Salesian Sisters school in Fuiloro (near Los Palos). Come on Aussies forget Bali and the other cheapies! Diving is (apparently) amazing, on par with the Maldives and there is so much to experience. Accomodation is pretty cheap as are necessities. Hotel Esplanada highly recommended for a luxury stay but there are cheaper alternatives available. Don't let it's tragic history scare you away, it's safe and westerners are welcome and protected. Travel via Bali as it's usually cheaper. The more we go the cheaper it will become.
East Timor (Timor Leste)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 2 Help with Burma Itinerary
- 3 Singapore
- 4 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 5 Asia Tour Companies
- 6 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 7 Ready for tmr’s match?? RUGBY 7s!
- 8 India Tours
- 9 India at the end of May
- 10 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 11 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 12 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 13 17 Day Itinerary
- 14 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 15 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 16 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 17 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 18 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 19 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 20 singapore accomodation?
- 21 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 22 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 23 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 24 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 25 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong