We are going to Japan in about 2 months and plan on spending a week in Hokkaido which will be a new place for us. Will probably use a JR Pass as the trip includes Tokyo and nearby areas.
We have never rented a car on any of our foreign trips. It seems like doing so in Hokkaido may be a good option given the size and scope of attractions (mostly nature stuff).
I am nervous about driving having never done so outside of Canada and the US. Oh, and we don't know how to drive a manual transmission.
Any thoughts, input, opinions would be appreciated. Perhaps Hokkaido can be enjoyed conveniently by bus and rail only?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HELP : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 Twin rooms in Japan
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 6 sri lanka- tips required
- 7 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 8 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 9 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 10 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 13 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 14 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 17 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 18 Christmas in the Alps
- 19 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 20 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 21 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 22 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 23 Laos or Kerala?
- 24 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 25 Bali & Singapore in October