I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RRB NTPC Result 2016
- 2 My new 10 year china visa
- 3 Crea Boost Reviews
- 4 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 5 Drinking water in India
- 6 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 7 Booking accomodations in Vietnam
- 8 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 9 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 10 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 11 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 12 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 13 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 14 Update on riding elephants
- 15 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 16 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 17 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 18 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 19 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 20 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 21 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 22 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 23 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 24 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 25 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?