I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 3 Japan National Tourism Org (JNTO)
- 4 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 5 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 6 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 7 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 8 Phuket Beaches
- 9 India itinerary critique please
- 10 Japan Itinerary!
- 11 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 12 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 13 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 14 Magical India
- 15 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 16 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 17 Vientiane and ??
- 18 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 19 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 20 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 21 Himachal Pradesh
- 22 Luggage size China ?
- 23 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 24 Thai Elephants
- 25 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?