I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Entry to Cambodia's Attractions
- 2 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 3 Georgetown Penang and Java for about 3 weeks in April May or June 2016.
- 4 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 5 a year in burma
- 6 Chengdu and Beijing
- 7 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 8 Ningbo places to see and things to do
- 9 Southern India here we come
- 10 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 11 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Capsule hotels
- 14 Vaccinations
- 15 Borneo forest fires
- 16 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 17 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 18 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 19 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 20 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 21 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 22 Bridge players Beware!!
- 23 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 24 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 25 Travelling in China during the summer period