I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/revi-spa-cream/
- 2 Fast Service Provider of Packers and Movers in Bangalore
- 3 Reliable Packers and Mover in Bhopal
- 4 Best Packers and Movers in Ghaziabad
- 5 Bali airport transportation
- 6 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 9 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 10 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 11 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 14 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 15 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 16 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 17 Hoi An in December?
- 18 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 19 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 20 Passport for Indonesia
- 21 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 22 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 23 Is this crazy?
- 24 Dollar traveller cheques
- 25 Jews in China. Who knew?