I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 2 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 3 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 4 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 5 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 6 Impressions of India
- 7 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 8 Tokyo hotel help
- 9 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 10 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 11 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 12 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 13 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 14 How much Yen?
- 15 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 16 South Korea for Chuseok
- 17 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 18 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 19 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 20 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 21 Bali - What to do?
- 22 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 23 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 24 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 25 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia