I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What goes into the making of a "Singapore Girl"?
- 2 Kerala trip
- 3 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 4 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 5 Trip Report : China
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 A great trip in India
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 10 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 11 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 12 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 13 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 14 Beijing tours
- 15 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 16 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 17 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 18 Takayama trail, Japan
- 19 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 20 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 21 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 22 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 23 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 24 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 25 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please