I've been reading your trip reports to Sri Lanka with great interest, as we have plans to take a trip there sometime early next year (now that we've put our Egypt & Jordan trip on hold!).
My partner is of Sri Lankan origin and she would like to take the opportunity to travel to Jaffna from Negombo. Is this doable in a day (about 700km?) Ideally we don't want to stay in Jaffna as she just wants photos of her roots for her parents keepsake more than using it as a tourist destination. I know, long way for some photos, but this is important for her. Are the roads good and secure?
As recommended in the posts here, we would most likely be using Rammuni to organise our rides in Sri Lanka.
Any feedback from anyone done the trip before, or any information on the conditions most welcome (especially if anyone is local to Sri Lanka).
Thanks very much.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Free tour guide in Ha Noi, Viet Nam
- 2 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 3 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 4 where to stay in Bali
- 5 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 6 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 7 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 8 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 9 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 10 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 11 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 14 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 16 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 17 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 18 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 21 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 22 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 23 An island paradise?
- 24 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 25 Need some help with my final itinerary