The story so far:
About ¾ of the way down are these mysterious words:
‘I've found a new pit. I spent six hours staring into the maw. Then I had to clamber out, fast - for fear of my immortal soul. I think I'll go for more elevated pursuits for a while. I need art, dancing and beauty, simplicity and calm...’
Here’s what happened. I’ll deliver it in installments so you all have time to get a calming brandy to stop your hands shaking. If the editors delete it, well – we’ll all know I’ve gone much, much too far...
BE WARNED: it’s real but it’s not pretty – nor is my interpretation of events likely to be 100% correct. Most of the time I was adrift on a sea of Hindi, translation was occasional, often retrospective and explanation nil, dumped in the deep end, dog-paddling furiously in progressively murky waters.
Remember, Dogster does this dangerous work for YOU, not for him. He is a servant of the people. He does this so that all of you will know what NOT to do in the future. He is a very stupid man.
So, to be more accurate, here’s what I think happened...
Sensitive readers – just stop NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 2 Travel India solo
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Osaka, aquarium?
- 6 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 7 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 8 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 11 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 12 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 13 North India Itinerary advice
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 16 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 17 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 18 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 19 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 20 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 21 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 22 A beach of choice on Samui
- 23 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 24 Bangkok Taxis
- 25 3 weeks - first time SEA
The story so far: