The story so far:
About ¾ of the way down are these mysterious words:
‘I've found a new pit. I spent six hours staring into the maw. Then I had to clamber out, fast - for fear of my immortal soul. I think I'll go for more elevated pursuits for a while. I need art, dancing and beauty, simplicity and calm...’
Here’s what happened. I’ll deliver it in installments so you all have time to get a calming brandy to stop your hands shaking. If the editors delete it, well – we’ll all know I’ve gone much, much too far...
BE WARNED: it’s real but it’s not pretty – nor is my interpretation of events likely to be 100% correct. Most of the time I was adrift on a sea of Hindi, translation was occasional, often retrospective and explanation nil, dumped in the deep end, dog-paddling furiously in progressively murky waters.
Remember, Dogster does this dangerous work for YOU, not for him. He is a servant of the people. He does this so that all of you will know what NOT to do in the future. He is a very stupid man.
So, to be more accurate, here’s what I think happened...
Sensitive readers – just stop NOW.
Dogster: The Devil in Kolkata
The story so far:
- 1 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 2 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 3 introduce myself
- 4 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 5 independent travel in India
- 6 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 10 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 11 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 12 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 15 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 16 Magical India
- 17 geisha performance
- 18 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 19 Trip report China
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa