The story so far:
About ¾ of the way down are these mysterious words:
‘I've found a new pit. I spent six hours staring into the maw. Then I had to clamber out, fast - for fear of my immortal soul. I think I'll go for more elevated pursuits for a while. I need art, dancing and beauty, simplicity and calm...’
Here’s what happened. I’ll deliver it in installments so you all have time to get a calming brandy to stop your hands shaking. If the editors delete it, well – we’ll all know I’ve gone much, much too far...
BE WARNED: it’s real but it’s not pretty – nor is my interpretation of events likely to be 100% correct. Most of the time I was adrift on a sea of Hindi, translation was occasional, often retrospective and explanation nil, dumped in the deep end, dog-paddling furiously in progressively murky waters.
Remember, Dogster does this dangerous work for YOU, not for him. He is a servant of the people. He does this so that all of you will know what NOT to do in the future. He is a very stupid man.
So, to be more accurate, here’s what I think happened...
Sensitive readers – just stop NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 2 Raja Ampat Cityseahorse Deb Fugitt Ondina
- 3 I miss Mongolia
- 4 Seoul Searching Questions
- 5 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 8 Visa on Arrival
- 9 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 10 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 11 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 12 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 13 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 14 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 15 Japanese art
- 16 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 17 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 18 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 19 First time to SEA
- 20 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 21 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 22 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
- 23 Hakone station confusion
- 24 Malaysia or Philipines May or end of June
- 25 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
The story so far: