The story so far:
About ¾ of the way down are these mysterious words:
‘I've found a new pit. I spent six hours staring into the maw. Then I had to clamber out, fast - for fear of my immortal soul. I think I'll go for more elevated pursuits for a while. I need art, dancing and beauty, simplicity and calm...’
Here’s what happened. I’ll deliver it in installments so you all have time to get a calming brandy to stop your hands shaking. If the editors delete it, well – we’ll all know I’ve gone much, much too far...
BE WARNED: it’s real but it’s not pretty – nor is my interpretation of events likely to be 100% correct. Most of the time I was adrift on a sea of Hindi, translation was occasional, often retrospective and explanation nil, dumped in the deep end, dog-paddling furiously in progressively murky waters.
Remember, Dogster does this dangerous work for YOU, not for him. He is a servant of the people. He does this so that all of you will know what NOT to do in the future. He is a very stupid man.
So, to be more accurate, here’s what I think happened...
Sensitive readers – just stop NOW.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 2 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 3 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 4 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 Family Trip to Japan
- 7 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 8 5 weeks in Japan
- 9 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 10 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 11 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 12 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 13 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 14 New Member
- 15 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 16 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 17 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 18 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 22 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 23 Lodge in Borneo
- 24 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 25 China and Japan help
The story so far: