I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Travelor
- 2 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 3 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 4 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 5 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 6 Honeymoon in Bali
- 7 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 8 Beautiful location for painting
- 9 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 10 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 11 India E Tourist Visa
- 12 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 13 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 14 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 15 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 16 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 17 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 18 Train Travel in Thailand
- 19 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 20 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 21 Phuket
- 22 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 23 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 24 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!
- 25 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?