I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 2 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 3 Southern India here we come
- 4 2 months in Indonesia
- 5 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 6 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 7 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 8 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 9 I miss Mongolia
- 10 Seoul Searching Questions
- 11 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 12 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 13 Visa on Arrival
- 14 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 15 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 17 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 18 Japanese art
- 19 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 20 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 21 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 22 First time to SEA
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do
- 25 Preliminary planning - Sri Lanka+Singapore+Bangkok
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?