I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 3 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Japan night bus
- 7 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 8 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 9 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 13 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 14 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 15 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 18 Japan, japan
- 19 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala