I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 4 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 Japan Itinerary for May
- 7 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 8 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 9 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 10 General question
- 11 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 12 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 13 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 14 South Korea 5 days
- 15 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 16 Thai island escape
- 17 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 18 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 21 Phuket Hotel
- 22 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 23 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 24 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 25 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport