I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 2 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 3 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 6 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 7 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 8 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 9 Christmas in the Alps
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 12 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 13 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 14 Laos or Kerala?
- 15 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 16 Bali & Singapore in October
- 17 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 18 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 19 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 20 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 21 Booking on the fly
- 22 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 23 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 24 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 25 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?