I'm a US citizen. If I'm in Taipei, and I take a weekend trip to Shanghai (fly into Shanghai Saturday morning and fly back to Taipei Sunday evening, i.e., less than 48 hours in Shanghai), does that exempt me from having to get a visa? Shanghai would be my final destination (from Taipei), rather than a transit point, but my total length of time would be less than 48 hours. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 2 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 3 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Trip Report : China
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 Japan itinerary advice
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Other than Kyoto?
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 13 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 14 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 15 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 16 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 17 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 18 Beijing tours
- 19 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 20 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 21 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 22 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 23 A great trip in India
- 24 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 25 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
Does a weekend trip to Shanghai count as a 48-hour transit?