It's my understanding that train tickets can not be purchased by an individual more than 10 days in advance, but that travel agents/on-line services will sell you tickets in advance for about $25 USD service fee.
I'm wondering if soft sleeper train tickets on the following trains are often sold out. Should I pay the extra $25USD fee to buy in advance? Or can I wait until I arrive in Beijing 5 days before my first train trip and ask our hotel/hostel/local travel agent to book the tickets for us? Our itintery is pretty tight, and it would be sad if we weren't able to get soft sleeper tickets for all 3 train trips. But our budget is also tight, so I don't want to pay the $25 service fee per ticket if it's not really necessary.
I appreciate your advise!
Arrive in Beijing midnight 9/6
Ideal train trips:
9/11 Beijing West - Datong #1482/1483
Leaving 8:35 - Arriving 15:03
$25 soft sleeper on-line price + $25 service fee
9/12 Datong-Pingyao #2462/2463
Leaving 23:17 - Arriving next day 6:25
$30 soft sleeper on-line price + $25 service fee
9/14 Datong-Xi'an #2669
Leaving 21:38 - Arriving next day 6:18
$33 soft sleeper on-line price + $25 service fee
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Building Massive Leg Muscles Without The Squat
- 2 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 4 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 5 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 6 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 7 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 8 India in March and April??
- 9 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 10 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 11 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 12 Japan- National Holiday
- 13 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 14 Passport
- 15 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 16 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 19 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 20 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 21 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 22 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 23 Amakusa island help
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
Do trains in China sell out? Should I pay a $25 fee to book in advance?