It's my understanding that train tickets can not be purchased by an individual more than 10 days in advance, but that travel agents/on-line services will sell you tickets in advance for about $25 USD service fee.
I'm wondering if soft sleeper train tickets on the following trains are often sold out. Should I pay the extra $25USD fee to buy in advance? Or can I wait until I arrive in Beijing 5 days before my first train trip and ask our hotel/hostel/local travel agent to book the tickets for us? Our itintery is pretty tight, and it would be sad if we weren't able to get soft sleeper tickets for all 3 train trips. But our budget is also tight, so I don't want to pay the $25 service fee per ticket if it's not really necessary.
I appreciate your advise!
Arrive in Beijing midnight 9/6
Ideal train trips:
9/11 Beijing West - Datong #1482/1483
Leaving 8:35 - Arriving 15:03
$25 soft sleeper on-line price + $25 service fee
9/12 Datong-Pingyao #2462/2463
Leaving 23:17 - Arriving next day 6:25
$30 soft sleeper on-line price + $25 service fee
9/14 Datong-Xi'an #2669
Leaving 21:38 - Arriving next day 6:18
$33 soft sleeper on-line price + $25 service fee
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 손오공온라인 ≪접속주소 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 2 CNX late arrival?
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 5 50th Anniversary trip
- 6 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 7 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 8 Help - India take 2
- 9 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 10 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 11 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 12 The truth about elephant tourism
- 13 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 14 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 15 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 16 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 17 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 18 is this a good travel plan?
- 19 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 20 Phenom Penh
- 21 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 22 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 23 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 24 One day in Saigon
- 25 Bali private driver recommendation
Do trains in China sell out? Should I pay a $25 fee to book in advance?