Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Do I really need to pack a roll of toilet paper....?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal
- 2 Which Beach in Koh Samui
- 3 Orphanages in Sri Lanka
- 4 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 5 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 6 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 7 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 8 China in 12 Days
- 9 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 10 language problem in japan
- 11 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 12 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 13 two free days in Beijing
- 14 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 15 April in Bangkok, again!
- 16 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 17 Japan - spending money?
- 18 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 19 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 20 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 21 1st Trip to Bali
- 22 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 23 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 24 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 25 water villages, shanghai