Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 4 One day in Saigon
- 5 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 6 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 9 North India Itinerary advice
- 10 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 13 The Indian money crunch.
- 14 The truth about elephant tourism
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Kerala trip
- 22 E Visa for India?
- 23 1-2 months South East Asia
- 24 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 25 Help - India.