Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Do I really need to pack a roll of toilet paper....?
- 1 SALAY from BAGAN
- 2 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 3 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 4 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 5 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 6 Japan: best time to go?
- 7 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 9 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 10 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 13 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 14 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 15 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 16 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 17 Magical India
- 18 Visit To Goa
- 19 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 20 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 21 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 24 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 25 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT