Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 2 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 3 Hoi An in December?
- 4 Dollar traveller cheques
- 5 Laundry In Vietnam
- 6 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 7 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 8 Halong Bay cruise
- 9 India help with where to go
- 10 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 11 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 12 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 17 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 18 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 19 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 20 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 21 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 22 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 23 Is this crazy?
- 24 In Seoul for one day
- 25 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!