Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Do I really need to pack a roll of toilet paper....?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 2 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 3 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 4 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 5 1st time Japan - solo female
- 6 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 7 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 8 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 9 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 10 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 11 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 12 Odyssey unlimited
- 13 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 14 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 15 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 16 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 17 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 18 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 19 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 20 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 21 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 22 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 23 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 24 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 25 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA