Well, less than 3 weeks before we leave for our 3 week trip to India, and I'm starting to have that pre-trip, WTF am I doing? anxiety that always seems to creep up. But this is the first time we're going to someplace "other", so my pre-trip jitters seem to be hitting me a bit earlier than usual.
So we're trying to figure out what to pack. What recommendations do you have for 3 weeks to Rajasthan, Varanasi, Delhi & Agra? Clothing as well as the more practical suggestions welcome! Like, do we really need to pack toilet paper?
Weather, from mid-January to early February looks like it can go as low as the high 30s (at night), and even get as high as 90 degrees (Jaisalmer) during the day, although I gather it will mostly be around 50s, 60s, maybe 70s for most of the trip. So layers, layers, layers.
We are staying in primarily mid-range places, and after going to Varanasi and Agra, we'll be traveling with a car & driver for the remainder of the trip. We don't generally go out to places we're we need to dress up, so evening outfits and day outfits will pretty much be the same. We do usually take one suitcase each that we carry on the plane along with a shoulder bag for each of us.
So what is your packing list like? What do you recommend?
Thanks - almost there!
Do I really need to pack a roll of toilet paper....?
- 1 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 2 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 3 Our favorite Bali -- Ubud, Amed, Seminyak, Pemuteran – 2012
- 4 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 5 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 6 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 7 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 8 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 9 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 10 Food in Uzbekistan
- 11 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 12 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 13 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 14 Train Fares in Japan
- 15 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 16 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 17 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 18 Udaipur, India
- 19 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 20 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 21 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 22 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 23 independent travel in India
- 24 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 25 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang