Following 18 days in Vietnam I will be spending a few days at Angkor Wat before returning home to Australia. As I am flying Vietnam Airlines I will be stopping in HCM airport on the way home for about 5 hours to change planes for my flight to Sydney. My travel agent has been informed that a single entry visa for the 18 days in Vietnam will not suffice & that I will need to be covered for being in transit as well & suggested I get a multi-entry visa which costs a bit over twice as much ($150 vs $72). This seems a bit unusual to me so can anyone confirm whether I really do need a visa to cover my transit wait on the way back from Cambodia? Cheers...
Do I need a visa for being in transit at HCM airport?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 12 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 13 Nepal
- 14 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 15 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 19 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 1st time Japan - solo female
- 22 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 25 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July