Following 18 days in Vietnam I will be spending a few days at Angkor Wat before returning home to Australia. As I am flying Vietnam Airlines I will be stopping in HCM airport on the way home for about 5 hours to change planes for my flight to Sydney. My travel agent has been informed that a single entry visa for the 18 days in Vietnam will not suffice & that I will need to be covered for being in transit as well & suggested I get a multi-entry visa which costs a bit over twice as much ($150 vs $72). This seems a bit unusual to me so can anyone confirm whether I really do need a visa to cover my transit wait on the way back from Cambodia? Cheers...
Do I need a visa for being in transit at HCM airport?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 4 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 5 Problems at 12,000'
- 6 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 7 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 8 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 9 Which Putu in Bali????
- 10 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 11 Japan, japan
- 12 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 13 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 14 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 15 Hong Kong restaurants
- 16 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 17 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 18 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 19 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 20 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 21 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 22 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 23 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 24 How safe is Delhi/India
- 25 Malaria