Following 18 days in Vietnam I will be spending a few days at Angkor Wat before returning home to Australia. As I am flying Vietnam Airlines I will be stopping in HCM airport on the way home for about 5 hours to change planes for my flight to Sydney. My travel agent has been informed that a single entry visa for the 18 days in Vietnam will not suffice & that I will need to be covered for being in transit as well & suggested I get a multi-entry visa which costs a bit over twice as much ($150 vs $72). This seems a bit unusual to me so can anyone confirm whether I really do need a visa to cover my transit wait on the way back from Cambodia? Cheers...
Do I need a visa for being in transit at HCM airport?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 2 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 3 Nepal
- 4 First time to srilanka
- 5 Ubud Tips
- 6 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 9 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 Kathie’s & Cheryl’s Impressions of Japan
- 12 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 13 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 14 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 15 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 16 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 17 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 18 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 21 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 22 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 23 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 24 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 25 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!