Our last great adventure to Thailand was a huge success as a direct result of all the help from this wonderful forum and resulted in this HUGE trip report:
The years have passed, the children are now 22 and 18 and we are ready to head East from Cape Town again and once more request your help and advice.
This is our thinking so far:
leave Cape Town about 22 Dec and fly to Singapore and then on to Krabi? Phuket?Koh Samui?
we would like a family Christmas with some luxury, good food, shopping, beach time for a week and so thought of Krabi - your thoughts?
On 30th December we were thinking of going to Koh Phangan - we have friends there - and staying until 1st or 2nd January
The husband and children want to dive somewhere after this, but where? I need some luxury and some snorkeling maybe and they want "good" diving so where do we go? Please can you help?
On 5th January we need to be back in Singapore where we are meeting up with friends so in total we have about 13 or 14 days in Thailand
Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated
thank you in advance
Diving in December in Thailand and other questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 2 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 3 More room for luggage in 1st class Nozomi trains than in regular trains?
- 4 Asia Tour Companies
- 5 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 6 5 and a half full days in Tokyo. Should I consider visiting Kyoto?
- 7 Help Needed for Ambitious 22 day trip Bali and SE ASIA for Mom and Son
- 8 Singapore
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 10 Experience 4 days in Ha Noi, Viet Nam - see,do and eat
- 11 Bringing vitamins to Japan - ok in ziploc baggies?
- 12 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 13 singapore accomodation?
- 14 suggestions for 3 adults sharing 1 room in Japan
- 15 Hong Kong....How hideous is the flight????
- 16 Beijing Yashou Market Closure
- 17 Three Weeks in Thailand
- 18 Is 7 days too long in Hong Kong
- 19 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 20 Writers Needed for Japan
- 21 Favorite guide books for Japan and other advice for planning?
- 22 17 Day Itinerary
- 23 11 hour NRT Tokyo Layover…Asakusa or Narita Town?
- 24 Bali Help
- 25 Chiang Mai to the Beach