Our last great adventure to Thailand was a huge success as a direct result of all the help from this wonderful forum and resulted in this HUGE trip report:
The years have passed, the children are now 22 and 18 and we are ready to head East from Cape Town again and once more request your help and advice.
This is our thinking so far:
leave Cape Town about 22 Dec and fly to Singapore and then on to Krabi? Phuket?Koh Samui?
we would like a family Christmas with some luxury, good food, shopping, beach time for a week and so thought of Krabi - your thoughts?
On 30th December we were thinking of going to Koh Phangan - we have friends there - and staying until 1st or 2nd January
The husband and children want to dive somewhere after this, but where? I need some luxury and some snorkeling maybe and they want "good" diving so where do we go? Please can you help?
On 5th January we need to be back in Singapore where we are meeting up with friends so in total we have about 13 or 14 days in Thailand
Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated
thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 3 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 4 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 5 A great trip in India
- 6 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 7 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 8 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 9 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 10 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 13 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 14 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 15 Sulawesi
- 16 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 17 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 18 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 19 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 20 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 21 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 22 Bali in March for 5 nights?
- 23 Varanasi : Advice needed on how best to see the evening Aarti
- 24 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 25 Armenia: A Wild Thyme