Our last great adventure to Thailand was a huge success as a direct result of all the help from this wonderful forum and resulted in this HUGE trip report:
The years have passed, the children are now 22 and 18 and we are ready to head East from Cape Town again and once more request your help and advice.
This is our thinking so far:
leave Cape Town about 22 Dec and fly to Singapore and then on to Krabi? Phuket?Koh Samui?
we would like a family Christmas with some luxury, good food, shopping, beach time for a week and so thought of Krabi - your thoughts?
On 30th December we were thinking of going to Koh Phangan - we have friends there - and staying until 1st or 2nd January
The husband and children want to dive somewhere after this, but where? I need some luxury and some snorkeling maybe and they want "good" diving so where do we go? Please can you help?
On 5th January we need to be back in Singapore where we are meeting up with friends so in total we have about 13 or 14 days in Thailand
Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated
thank you in advance
Diving in December in Thailand and other questions
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan and China for 16 days
- 2 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 3 Exploring Thailand
- 4 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 5 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 6 Looking for affordable yet nice hotel in Beijing, centrally located
- 7 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 8 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 9 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 10 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 11 Japan in December
- 12 Destination Bangkok, again
- 13 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 14 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 15 Phuket
- 16 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 17 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 18 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 19 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 20 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 21 Phones in Asia
- 22 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 23 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 24 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 25 India Add-on