Our last great adventure to Thailand was a huge success as a direct result of all the help from this wonderful forum and resulted in this HUGE trip report:
The years have passed, the children are now 22 and 18 and we are ready to head East from Cape Town again and once more request your help and advice.
This is our thinking so far:
leave Cape Town about 22 Dec and fly to Singapore and then on to Krabi? Phuket?Koh Samui?
we would like a family Christmas with some luxury, good food, shopping, beach time for a week and so thought of Krabi - your thoughts?
On 30th December we were thinking of going to Koh Phangan - we have friends there - and staying until 1st or 2nd January
The husband and children want to dive somewhere after this, but where? I need some luxury and some snorkeling maybe and they want "good" diving so where do we go? Please can you help?
On 5th January we need to be back in Singapore where we are meeting up with friends so in total we have about 13 or 14 days in Thailand
Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated
thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Woodblock prints in Tokyo
- 2 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 3 4.5 days in Singapore
- 4 Bus service in Nepal
- 5 Travel to India in May?
- 6 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 7 9 days in Bali
- 8 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 9 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 10 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 11 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 12 Italy from an Asian base
- 13 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 14 Advice for a newbie!
- 15 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 16 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 17 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 18 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 19 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 20 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 21 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 22 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 23 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 24 Activation of JR Pass
- 25 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process