I'm struggling with a quandary over when to purchase tickets for a trip to India and when to go. This is really a personal decision but would love other people's thoughts here... I'm obsessing and obsessing, and can't quite let it go.
The scenario - I work full time and, in addition, have been fortunate to become an adjunct at a university this past semester (one class). My supervisor at my primary job will allow me 3 weeks off; however, she can't guarantee the holiday period until we meet in the fall to discuss vacations & coverage amongst the staff. She will let me go without question at any other time, however.
My preferred time would be the holiday season (Christmas week into mid-January) as it would allow me 3 weeks AND I'd be available for the teaching position, should it be offered to me in the fall. Or, I could buy tickets from early January now and either 1) go for less than 3 weeks or 2) return after the start of the next term.
Prices seem reasonably good right now; I've been following prices for a while, and they seem on the lower side of things. Prices could go down lower, but you never know. And, one thing I'm certain, they will almost definitely go up higher. Right now I'm just under 8 months away from when I hope to go.
I'm confused over this decision. I don't know if I should just 1) wait till the fall to buy tickets, when there's a good chance I'd get my preferred time; 2) buy them now for 3 weeks, risking the possibility of not being able to teach, should it be offered; or 3) buy the tickets now and go for less than 3 weeks, and come home in time for the start of the course.
Sensible or not, feedback welcome!
Many thanks for thinking about this,
Dilemma about buying tickets to India - feedback wanted!
- 1 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 2 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 3 India, What Can I Say!
- 4 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 5 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 6 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 7 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 8 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 9 Wildlife Tour of India
- 10 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 11 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 12 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 13 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 14 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 15 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 16 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 17 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 18 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 19 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 20 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?
- 21 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 22 Burma features "Alice in Wonderland"
- 23 Any Recommendations for an Agra Hotel?
- 24 Pushpesh Baid wants suggestions for south India trip
- 25 Conference venues around Pune City?