I'm struggling with a quandary over when to purchase tickets for a trip to India and when to go. This is really a personal decision but would love other people's thoughts here... I'm obsessing and obsessing, and can't quite let it go.
The scenario - I work full time and, in addition, have been fortunate to become an adjunct at a university this past semester (one class). My supervisor at my primary job will allow me 3 weeks off; however, she can't guarantee the holiday period until we meet in the fall to discuss vacations & coverage amongst the staff. She will let me go without question at any other time, however.
My preferred time would be the holiday season (Christmas week into mid-January) as it would allow me 3 weeks AND I'd be available for the teaching position, should it be offered to me in the fall. Or, I could buy tickets from early January now and either 1) go for less than 3 weeks or 2) return after the start of the next term.
Prices seem reasonably good right now; I've been following prices for a while, and they seem on the lower side of things. Prices could go down lower, but you never know. And, one thing I'm certain, they will almost definitely go up higher. Right now I'm just under 8 months away from when I hope to go.
I'm confused over this decision. I don't know if I should just 1) wait till the fall to buy tickets, when there's a good chance I'd get my preferred time; 2) buy them now for 3 weeks, risking the possibility of not being able to teach, should it be offered; or 3) buy the tickets now and go for less than 3 weeks, and come home in time for the start of the course.
Sensible or not, feedback welcome!
Many thanks for thinking about this,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Complete Asia Newbie - Phnom Penh Itinerary Ideas - Two Weeks
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 Japan Itinerary
- 4 Help with Kyushu itinerary appreciated.
- 5 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 6 Hong Kong - Travel Report
- 7 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 8 Amakusa island help
- 9 Japan Trip Delayed
- 10 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 11 Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia -feedback on draft itinerary please!
- 12 Fukuoka: Tenjin vs Hakata
- 13 Month long SE Asia trip
- 14 Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
- 15 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 16 Cambodia weather
- 17 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 20 Sad News: The Thai King has died
- 21 Vietnam Itinerary Input, The country is so LONG!
- 22 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 23 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 24 Is 1 hr 10 min layover in Narita enough?
- 25 I Finally Wrote A Trip Report