I'm struggling with a quandary over when to purchase tickets for a trip to India and when to go. This is really a personal decision but would love other people's thoughts here... I'm obsessing and obsessing, and can't quite let it go.
The scenario - I work full time and, in addition, have been fortunate to become an adjunct at a university this past semester (one class). My supervisor at my primary job will allow me 3 weeks off; however, she can't guarantee the holiday period until we meet in the fall to discuss vacations & coverage amongst the staff. She will let me go without question at any other time, however.
My preferred time would be the holiday season (Christmas week into mid-January) as it would allow me 3 weeks AND I'd be available for the teaching position, should it be offered to me in the fall. Or, I could buy tickets from early January now and either 1) go for less than 3 weeks or 2) return after the start of the next term.
Prices seem reasonably good right now; I've been following prices for a while, and they seem on the lower side of things. Prices could go down lower, but you never know. And, one thing I'm certain, they will almost definitely go up higher. Right now I'm just under 8 months away from when I hope to go.
I'm confused over this decision. I don't know if I should just 1) wait till the fall to buy tickets, when there's a good chance I'd get my preferred time; 2) buy them now for 3 weeks, risking the possibility of not being able to teach, should it be offered; or 3) buy the tickets now and go for less than 3 weeks, and come home in time for the start of the course.
Sensible or not, feedback welcome!
Many thanks for thinking about this,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 2 Hotel in Hanoi
- 3 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 India help needed
- 6 Place to stay Hue
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 9 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 10 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trekking outside Sapa
- 17 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 18 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 19 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 Go to Pai or not?
- 22 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 23 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 24 Thai Island Itinerary
- 25 Thailand