I'm struggling with a quandary over when to purchase tickets for a trip to India and when to go. This is really a personal decision but would love other people's thoughts here... I'm obsessing and obsessing, and can't quite let it go.
The scenario - I work full time and, in addition, have been fortunate to become an adjunct at a university this past semester (one class). My supervisor at my primary job will allow me 3 weeks off; however, she can't guarantee the holiday period until we meet in the fall to discuss vacations & coverage amongst the staff. She will let me go without question at any other time, however.
My preferred time would be the holiday season (Christmas week into mid-January) as it would allow me 3 weeks AND I'd be available for the teaching position, should it be offered to me in the fall. Or, I could buy tickets from early January now and either 1) go for less than 3 weeks or 2) return after the start of the next term.
Prices seem reasonably good right now; I've been following prices for a while, and they seem on the lower side of things. Prices could go down lower, but you never know. And, one thing I'm certain, they will almost definitely go up higher. Right now I'm just under 8 months away from when I hope to go.
I'm confused over this decision. I don't know if I should just 1) wait till the fall to buy tickets, when there's a good chance I'd get my preferred time; 2) buy them now for 3 weeks, risking the possibility of not being able to teach, should it be offered; or 3) buy the tickets now and go for less than 3 weeks, and come home in time for the start of the course.
Sensible or not, feedback welcome!
Many thanks for thinking about this,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help Desk @ AOL** ☛☎18884823831☛☎ Tech** Sup** Phone Number
- 2 Silk Road Tour - China
- 3 Bye bye SE Asia
- 4 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 5 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 8 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 11 Laos planning.
- 12 Japan rough itinerary
- 13 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 14 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 17 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 18 One night in Osaka
- 19 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 20 Japan - costs
- 21 Japan for Foodies
- 22 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 23 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 24 Japan Rail Pass
- 25 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed