Asia Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Asia activity »
  1. 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/testo-rampage/
  2. 2 Traffic and Police in India
  3. 3 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
  4. 4 Serendipity Srilanka
  5. 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
  6. 6 New Thai Visa
  7. 7 What outwear would you pack for late August?
  8. 8 2 weeks in Vietnam
  9. 9 New Years in Japan
  10. 10 Trip Report A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
  11. 11 Trip Report Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
  12. 12 Sri Lanka in December
  13. 13 Trip Report Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
  14. 14 january 31 in colombo
  15. 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
  16. 16 Trip Report Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
  17. 17 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
  18. 18 Best natural wonders in Japan?
  19. 19 3 weeks in Japan
  20. 20 Trip Report A first time for everything in Japan
  21. 21 India Tour Companies
  22. 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
  23. 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
  24. 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
  25. 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
View next 25 » Back to the top

Dilemma about buying tickets to India - feedback wanted!

Jump to last reply

Hello,
I'm struggling with a quandary over when to purchase tickets for a trip to India and when to go. This is really a personal decision but would love other people's thoughts here... I'm obsessing and obsessing, and can't quite let it go.

The scenario - I work full time and, in addition, have been fortunate to become an adjunct at a university this past semester (one class). My supervisor at my primary job will allow me 3 weeks off; however, she can't guarantee the holiday period until we meet in the fall to discuss vacations & coverage amongst the staff. She will let me go without question at any other time, however.

My preferred time would be the holiday season (Christmas week into mid-January) as it would allow me 3 weeks AND I'd be available for the teaching position, should it be offered to me in the fall. Or, I could buy tickets from early January now and either 1) go for less than 3 weeks or 2) return after the start of the next term.

Prices seem reasonably good right now; I've been following prices for a while, and they seem on the lower side of things. Prices could go down lower, but you never know. And, one thing I'm certain, they will almost definitely go up higher. Right now I'm just under 8 months away from when I hope to go.

I'm confused over this decision. I don't know if I should just 1) wait till the fall to buy tickets, when there's a good chance I'd get my preferred time; 2) buy them now for 3 weeks, risking the possibility of not being able to teach, should it be offered; or 3) buy the tickets now and go for less than 3 weeks, and come home in time for the start of the course.

Sensible or not, feedback welcome!

Many thanks for thinking about this,
Paule

22 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement