We are traveling in January 2014 to Burma. SM has made our arrangements. They say they do not have rates yet for January. I have notified SM that we will be traveling for 6 weeks and they do not need anything from us now. When they get the rates & fares SM says it will be "urgent " for us to get the deposits to them. Does anyone have an idea of what "urgent" may mean in terms of time? How are these deposits to SM made? Any idea about what % the deposits for hotels may be? From what I have read here I doubt that the deposits will be needed this summer while we are away. However, I want to be prepared should that happen. Thanks!
Deposits with Santa Maria TA
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 4 Vietnam - Questions
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 8 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 9 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 12 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 13 Osaka shopping
- 14 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 15 Takayama ideas in April?
- 16 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 17 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 18 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 19 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 20 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 21 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 22 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 23 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 24 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 25 Luggage Transfer From Hotels