We are traveling in January 2014 to Burma. SM has made our arrangements. They say they do not have rates yet for January. I have notified SM that we will be traveling for 6 weeks and they do not need anything from us now. When they get the rates & fares SM says it will be "urgent " for us to get the deposits to them. Does anyone have an idea of what "urgent" may mean in terms of time? How are these deposits to SM made? Any idea about what % the deposits for hotels may be? From what I have read here I doubt that the deposits will be needed this summer while we are away. However, I want to be prepared should that happen. Thanks!
Deposits with Santa Maria TA
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 help with itinerary!
- 2 Seeing autumn leaves in "rural" Japan
- 3 Places to buy Malaysian fine crafts
- 4 day bus Yangon -Kalaw?
- 5 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 6 Airport pick up from Narita
- 7 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 8 You guys have beautiful babies but down for moms watching
- 9 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 10 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 11 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 12 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 13 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 14 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 15 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 16 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 18 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 19 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 20 Christmas Time in India
- 21 Having doubts with China
- 22 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 23 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 24 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 25 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014