I arrive Delhi March 5 Friday at 9:45pm. I have been told I should spend the night in DEL and go to Agra Saturday morning. I have been in contact with Rameesh and he will be my driver.
As of now my plan is:
Friday 3/5 Arrive DEL 9:45pm sleep in DEL
Sat 3/6 Go to Agra to see the Taj
Sun 3/7 Drive to Jaipur with Rameesh
Mon 3/8 Jaipur
Tues 3/9 Drive to Jodhpur
Wed 3/10 Drive to Udaipur seeing Rankpur and the other monument on the way, sorry starting with a K
Wed 3/10 and Thurs 3/11 Udaipur
Fri fly to DEL to meet friends. I'll have a few days in DEL then
My questions are:
1. Can anyone suggest a hotel to sleep in Delhi Fri nt when I arrive? How long does it take to get through customs? Is there a hotel near the train station to Agra? Which is the best train station to leave DEL from? Arrive in AGRA?
2. Would it be better to drive or take the train to Agra? By car I could see Fatehpur Sikri
3. How long should one plan to spend at the Taj? I think it closes at 7. If I got there by 4 would that be enough time? Also, I need a nice mid range hotel in Agra. Approx cost?
I would appreciate any advice on this first leg of my trip. Thanks,
Delhi hotel, Train or Car to Agra, Agra hotel
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 4 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 5 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 6 Myanmar Visa Online - Report
- 7 General question
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 10 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 11 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 12 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 13 South Korea 5 days
- 14 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 15 Thai island escape
- 16 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 17 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 18 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 19 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 20 Phuket Hotel
- 21 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 22 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 23 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 24 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 25 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)