I arrive Delhi March 5 Friday at 9:45pm. I have been told I should spend the night in DEL and go to Agra Saturday morning. I have been in contact with Rameesh and he will be my driver.
As of now my plan is:
Friday 3/5 Arrive DEL 9:45pm sleep in DEL
Sat 3/6 Go to Agra to see the Taj
Sun 3/7 Drive to Jaipur with Rameesh
Mon 3/8 Jaipur
Tues 3/9 Drive to Jodhpur
Wed 3/10 Drive to Udaipur seeing Rankpur and the other monument on the way, sorry starting with a K
Wed 3/10 and Thurs 3/11 Udaipur
Fri fly to DEL to meet friends. I'll have a few days in DEL then
My questions are:
1. Can anyone suggest a hotel to sleep in Delhi Fri nt when I arrive? How long does it take to get through customs? Is there a hotel near the train station to Agra? Which is the best train station to leave DEL from? Arrive in AGRA?
2. Would it be better to drive or take the train to Agra? By car I could see Fatehpur Sikri
3. How long should one plan to spend at the Taj? I think it closes at 7. If I got there by 4 would that be enough time? Also, I need a nice mid range hotel in Agra. Approx cost?
I would appreciate any advice on this first leg of my trip. Thanks,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Japan for Foodies
- 3 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 4 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 5 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 6 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 7 Singapore weather in August/September
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 One night in Osaka
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days