I arrive Delhi March 5 Friday at 9:45pm. I have been told I should spend the night in DEL and go to Agra Saturday morning. I have been in contact with Rameesh and he will be my driver.
As of now my plan is:
Friday 3/5 Arrive DEL 9:45pm sleep in DEL
Sat 3/6 Go to Agra to see the Taj
Sun 3/7 Drive to Jaipur with Rameesh
Mon 3/8 Jaipur
Tues 3/9 Drive to Jodhpur
Wed 3/10 Drive to Udaipur seeing Rankpur and the other monument on the way, sorry starting with a K
Wed 3/10 and Thurs 3/11 Udaipur
Fri fly to DEL to meet friends. I'll have a few days in DEL then
My questions are:
1. Can anyone suggest a hotel to sleep in Delhi Fri nt when I arrive? How long does it take to get through customs? Is there a hotel near the train station to Agra? Which is the best train station to leave DEL from? Arrive in AGRA?
2. Would it be better to drive or take the train to Agra? By car I could see Fatehpur Sikri
3. How long should one plan to spend at the Taj? I think it closes at 7. If I got there by 4 would that be enough time? Also, I need a nice mid range hotel in Agra. Approx cost?
I would appreciate any advice on this first leg of my trip. Thanks,
Delhi hotel, Train or Car to Agra, Agra hotel
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 2 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 3 Can you bargain tour price?
- 4 How is FREEWHEELING?
- 5 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 6 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma
- 7 DENTAL IMPLANT
- 8 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 9 driver&business assitant&guide in Shanghai
- 10 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 11 Help ! How bad is the rain in Bangkok early/mid September? Thanks
- 12 April in Bangkok, again!
- 13 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 14 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 15 Japan night bus
- 16 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 17 Living in Singapore Questions
- 18 Thailand - Koh Samui vs Koh Tao
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 21 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 22 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 23 Problems at 12,000'
- 24 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 25 Sixteen Day in South Korea