I'm a new member to the forum, and have really enjoyed reading all of the generous shares here-- what an amazing community!
I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon for my fianceé and myself-- three weeks in Southeast Asia. We've both done a fair bit of traveling, but neither one of us have been to this part of the world... I'd like the trip to be a nice mix of cultural exploration-- we're both open to backpacking and staying in hostels (depending upon the hostel), and beachy pampering.
I've booked our flight in and out of Bangkok (Dec 3rd - 24th), but have yet to book any regional travel. Based upon my own weather research and some of the amazing trips I've read about in this forum, this is what I've got planned so far:
2-3 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Luang Prabang, 4 days in Siem Reap, 5-6 days in Krabi, and then our last day back in Bangkok (my fiancée's birthday!).
I'd really appreciate your input on this proposed itinerary, length of time in each location, whether there is anyplace that seems to be a egregious omission, and any recommendations for things to do / places to stay in each location : ) i'm thinking that our time in Krabi will be more on the swanky side of things, but the stops in LP and SR could be a bit grittier-- or not... looking forward to your insight Fodors friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks itinerary China
- 2 hanoi eats
- 3 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 4 A train ride through Java
- 5 JAPANiCAN.com
- 6 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 7 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 8 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 9 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 10 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 11 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 12 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 13 New Delhi - What to see?
- 14 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 15 Travel in Kyushu.
- 16 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 17 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 21 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 22 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 25 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015