I'm a new member to the forum, and have really enjoyed reading all of the generous shares here-- what an amazing community!
I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon for my fianceé and myself-- three weeks in Southeast Asia. We've both done a fair bit of traveling, but neither one of us have been to this part of the world... I'd like the trip to be a nice mix of cultural exploration-- we're both open to backpacking and staying in hostels (depending upon the hostel), and beachy pampering.
I've booked our flight in and out of Bangkok (Dec 3rd - 24th), but have yet to book any regional travel. Based upon my own weather research and some of the amazing trips I've read about in this forum, this is what I've got planned so far:
2-3 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Luang Prabang, 4 days in Siem Reap, 5-6 days in Krabi, and then our last day back in Bangkok (my fiancée's birthday!).
I'd really appreciate your input on this proposed itinerary, length of time in each location, whether there is anyplace that seems to be a egregious omission, and any recommendations for things to do / places to stay in each location : ) i'm thinking that our time in Krabi will be more on the swanky side of things, but the stops in LP and SR could be a bit grittier-- or not... looking forward to your insight Fodors friends!!
December in Southeast Asia
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Currency in South Korea
- 2 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 3 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 4 Amphawa Floating Market
- 5 Krabi island tours
- 6 6 full days in Yagoon
- 7 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 8 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 11 Malaysian honeymoon
- 12 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Myanmar itinerary help
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 17 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 18 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 19 Looking for a good travel agent to plan Vietnam Laos and ?? Travel
- 20 Burma? Laos? Cambodia? Vietnam? - I need some help!
- 21 Internal flights in Thailand - buy ASAP or no big deal to wait?
- 22 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 23 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 24 Phuket/ Krabi Trip
- 25 Mao Lak and Kata/Karon/Surin or Krabi and Kata/Karon/Surin?