I'm a new member to the forum, and have really enjoyed reading all of the generous shares here-- what an amazing community!
I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon for my fianceé and myself-- three weeks in Southeast Asia. We've both done a fair bit of traveling, but neither one of us have been to this part of the world... I'd like the trip to be a nice mix of cultural exploration-- we're both open to backpacking and staying in hostels (depending upon the hostel), and beachy pampering.
I've booked our flight in and out of Bangkok (Dec 3rd - 24th), but have yet to book any regional travel. Based upon my own weather research and some of the amazing trips I've read about in this forum, this is what I've got planned so far:
2-3 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Luang Prabang, 4 days in Siem Reap, 5-6 days in Krabi, and then our last day back in Bangkok (my fiancée's birthday!).
I'd really appreciate your input on this proposed itinerary, length of time in each location, whether there is anyplace that seems to be a egregious omission, and any recommendations for things to do / places to stay in each location : ) i'm thinking that our time in Krabi will be more on the swanky side of things, but the stops in LP and SR could be a bit grittier-- or not... looking forward to your insight Fodors friends!!
December in Southeast Asia
- 1 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 2 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 3 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 4 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 5 Japan: best time to go?
- 6 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 7 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 8 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 9 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 10 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 11 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 12 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 13 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 14 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 15 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 16 Magical India
- 17 Visit To Goa
- 18 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 19 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 20 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 21 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 22 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 25 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?