I'm a new member to the forum, and have really enjoyed reading all of the generous shares here-- what an amazing community!
I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon for my fianceé and myself-- three weeks in Southeast Asia. We've both done a fair bit of traveling, but neither one of us have been to this part of the world... I'd like the trip to be a nice mix of cultural exploration-- we're both open to backpacking and staying in hostels (depending upon the hostel), and beachy pampering.
I've booked our flight in and out of Bangkok (Dec 3rd - 24th), but have yet to book any regional travel. Based upon my own weather research and some of the amazing trips I've read about in this forum, this is what I've got planned so far:
2-3 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Luang Prabang, 4 days in Siem Reap, 5-6 days in Krabi, and then our last day back in Bangkok (my fiancée's birthday!).
I'd really appreciate your input on this proposed itinerary, length of time in each location, whether there is anyplace that seems to be a egregious omission, and any recommendations for things to do / places to stay in each location : ) i'm thinking that our time in Krabi will be more on the swanky side of things, but the stops in LP and SR could be a bit grittier-- or not... looking forward to your insight Fodors friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 2 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 3 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 4 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 5 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 8 Backstreet Academy
- 9 Seoul Searching Questions
- 10 Hakone station confusion
- 11 Hotel 71 in Dhaka – Best 3 Star Hotel in Dhaka near Airport Bangladesh.
- 12 Japanese art
- 13 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 14 Visa on Arrival
- 15 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 16 Cebu where to stay
- 17 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 18 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 19 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 20 Traveling to SE Asia
- 21 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 22 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 23 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 24 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 25 First Trip to Japan in April 2016