I'm a new member to the forum, and have really enjoyed reading all of the generous shares here-- what an amazing community!
I'm in the process of planning a honeymoon for my fianceé and myself-- three weeks in Southeast Asia. We've both done a fair bit of traveling, but neither one of us have been to this part of the world... I'd like the trip to be a nice mix of cultural exploration-- we're both open to backpacking and staying in hostels (depending upon the hostel), and beachy pampering.
I've booked our flight in and out of Bangkok (Dec 3rd - 24th), but have yet to book any regional travel. Based upon my own weather research and some of the amazing trips I've read about in this forum, this is what I've got planned so far:
2-3 days in Bangkok, 4 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Luang Prabang, 4 days in Siem Reap, 5-6 days in Krabi, and then our last day back in Bangkok (my fiancée's birthday!).
I'd really appreciate your input on this proposed itinerary, length of time in each location, whether there is anyplace that seems to be a egregious omission, and any recommendations for things to do / places to stay in each location : ) i'm thinking that our time in Krabi will be more on the swanky side of things, but the stops in LP and SR could be a bit grittier-- or not... looking forward to your insight Fodors friends!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 온라인카지노ヮ≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 2 온라인바카라サ≫≫one004.com≪≪바카라사이트
- 3 NY Times article on Sulawesi and seeing the Torajan death rituals
- 4 Is it possible to do the Southeast Asian mainland on a bus?
- 5 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 6 Bangkok to Chiang Mai, train or fly?
- 7 Bicycle riding required?
- 8 Hotel for two night stop over in Singapore
- 9 Visa for India
- 10 Please help us find our MISSING friend
- 11 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 12 Is there a train from Laem Chabong to Bangkok
- 13 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 14 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 15 Buying jewelry in India
- 16 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 17 Chiang Mai
- 18 Phuket Weather
- 19 hanoi eats
- 20 Castle & King tour operator review
- 21 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 22 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 23 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 24 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 25 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time