We (parents, husband and I) have planned a trip to Srinagar, India from December 28 2013 to January 1, 2013. We are from Manila, Philippines. I would appreciate advise on what to expect activity-wise during this time, as I have been hearing conflicting reports of what is viable due to the weather. Our itinerary is as follows:
28Dec (mid-day) arrive in Srinagar - drive to Gulmarg (stay 2 nights)
30Dec drive to Phalgam and spend the day there. Head back to Srinagar and spend 30Dec and 31Dec there. Fly to Delhi on 1Jan for the flight home.
We are booked at the Vintage Gulmarg - please advise if it is a conveniently situated hotel? Also, I'm in need of tour/hotel options for Srinagar and welcome input from everyone. I was looking at Hotel Dar Es Salam in Srinagar however I read that one should not choose a hotel near the Dal or Nageen Lake because of the smell and the hawkers. I do not know if this is true or not. Thanks in advance
December family trip - 5d/4n in Srinagar/Kashmir
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Obtain Passport,Visa,Driving Liense,ID Cards,Diplomas
- 2 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 3 Problems at 12,000'
- 4 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 5 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 6 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 9 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 10 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 11 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 12 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 13 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 14 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 15 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 16 How safe is Delhi/India
- 17 Malaria
- 18 Vietnam and coffee
- 19 I'm going to Japan!
- 20 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 21 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 22 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 23 Cherry blossom
- 24 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 25 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal