We (parents, husband and I) have planned a trip to Srinagar, India from December 28 2013 to January 1, 2013. We are from Manila, Philippines. I would appreciate advise on what to expect activity-wise during this time, as I have been hearing conflicting reports of what is viable due to the weather. Our itinerary is as follows:
28Dec (mid-day) arrive in Srinagar - drive to Gulmarg (stay 2 nights)
30Dec drive to Phalgam and spend the day there. Head back to Srinagar and spend 30Dec and 31Dec there. Fly to Delhi on 1Jan for the flight home.
We are booked at the Vintage Gulmarg - please advise if it is a conveniently situated hotel? Also, I'm in need of tour/hotel options for Srinagar and welcome input from everyone. I was looking at Hotel Dar Es Salam in Srinagar however I read that one should not choose a hotel near the Dal or Nageen Lake because of the smell and the hawkers. I do not know if this is true or not. Thanks in advance
December family trip - 5d/4n in Srinagar/Kashmir
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 2 Bali Question
- 3 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 4 Car, driver and hotels
- 5 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 6 Vietnam - Questions
- 7 India
- 8 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 9 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 10 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 11 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 12 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 13 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 14 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 17 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 18 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 19 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 20 Osaka shopping
- 21 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 22 Takayama ideas in April?
- 23 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 24 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 25 Sri Lanka February 15'