We (parents, husband and I) have planned a trip to Srinagar, India from December 28 2013 to January 1, 2013. We are from Manila, Philippines. I would appreciate advise on what to expect activity-wise during this time, as I have been hearing conflicting reports of what is viable due to the weather. Our itinerary is as follows:
28Dec (mid-day) arrive in Srinagar - drive to Gulmarg (stay 2 nights)
30Dec drive to Phalgam and spend the day there. Head back to Srinagar and spend 30Dec and 31Dec there. Fly to Delhi on 1Jan for the flight home.
We are booked at the Vintage Gulmarg - please advise if it is a conveniently situated hotel? Also, I'm in need of tour/hotel options for Srinagar and welcome input from everyone. I was looking at Hotel Dar Es Salam in Srinagar however I read that one should not choose a hotel near the Dal or Nageen Lake because of the smell and the hawkers. I do not know if this is true or not. Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 UNITED: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1-888-482-3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 3 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 4 Twin rooms in Japan
- 5 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 6 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 7 Impressions of India
- 8 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 9 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 10 sri lanka- tips required
- 11 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 12 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 13 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 14 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 15 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 16 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 17 Christmas in the Alps
- 18 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 19 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 20 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Laos or Kerala?
- 23 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 24 Bali & Singapore in October
- 25 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip