We (parents, husband and I) have planned a trip to Srinagar, India from December 28 2013 to January 1, 2013. We are from Manila, Philippines. I would appreciate advise on what to expect activity-wise during this time, as I have been hearing conflicting reports of what is viable due to the weather. Our itinerary is as follows:
28Dec (mid-day) arrive in Srinagar - drive to Gulmarg (stay 2 nights)
30Dec drive to Phalgam and spend the day there. Head back to Srinagar and spend 30Dec and 31Dec there. Fly to Delhi on 1Jan for the flight home.
We are booked at the Vintage Gulmarg - please advise if it is a conveniently situated hotel? Also, I'm in need of tour/hotel options for Srinagar and welcome input from everyone. I was looking at Hotel Dar Es Salam in Srinagar however I read that one should not choose a hotel near the Dal or Nageen Lake because of the smell and the hawkers. I do not know if this is true or not. Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://supplementranking.com/niacinmax/
- 2 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 3 One day in Saigon
- 4 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 9 North India Itinerary advice
- 10 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 13 The Indian money crunch.
- 14 The truth about elephant tourism
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Kerala trip
- 22 E Visa for India?
- 23 1-2 months South East Asia
- 24 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 25 Help - India.