We (parents, husband and I) have planned a trip to Srinagar, India from December 28 2013 to January 1, 2013. We are from Manila, Philippines. I would appreciate advise on what to expect activity-wise during this time, as I have been hearing conflicting reports of what is viable due to the weather. Our itinerary is as follows:
28Dec (mid-day) arrive in Srinagar - drive to Gulmarg (stay 2 nights)
30Dec drive to Phalgam and spend the day there. Head back to Srinagar and spend 30Dec and 31Dec there. Fly to Delhi on 1Jan for the flight home.
We are booked at the Vintage Gulmarg - please advise if it is a conveniently situated hotel? Also, I'm in need of tour/hotel options for Srinagar and welcome input from everyone. I was looking at Hotel Dar Es Salam in Srinagar however I read that one should not choose a hotel near the Dal or Nageen Lake because of the smell and the hawkers. I do not know if this is true or not. Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Update on riding elephants
- 3 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 4 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 5 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 6 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 7 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 8 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 9 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 10 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 11 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 12 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 13 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 14 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 15 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 16 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 17 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 18 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 19 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 20 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 21 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 22 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 23 Taipei National Palace Museum
- 24 8.5 Days in Vietnam
- 25 Private Asia tours to Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia...