We are a young couple (mid-20s) currently traveling in Laos. We are in Vientiane at the moment, leaving for Vang Vieng tomorrow (where we'll spend a couple of nights), then onward to Luang Prabang, where we will spend the final 6 days of our trip.
Would be so grateful for any travel suggestions from those who have been to Luang Prabang about unique side trips/excursions into the surrounding countryside: we would love to see hill tribe villages, or any other places of natural beauty/cultural interest. In the 6 or so days we have planned in LP, we're thinking maybe 2-3 days exploring LP (is that enough time?) plus another day or two to visit Kuang Si Waterfalls and Pak Ou Caves (would love to hear thoughts on that as well). That leaves us with an extra 1-2 days, during which we'd love to go more off-the-beaten-path experience any must-see places!
While we're not opposed to a tour, we have a strong preference to travel independently, and in our experience, tours (at least those within our budget) seem to rarely stray from the tourist trail.
Many thanks in advance for anyone generous enough to offer their suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 바카라사이트【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 0055 】♥프로토승부식
- 2 배팅사이트【【SCB33。ＣＯＭ -코드: 0055】】◎tsh배당좋은사이트
- 3 Avoid These Common Misconceptions
- 4 메이저놀이터【 SCB 3 3、CＯM - 코드: 0055 】▒해외에이전시
- 5 검증된놀이터〃〃SCB 33。ＣOM【코드: 0055】〃〃축구배팅
- 6 사이트추천【【 SCB33 。CＯM『가입코드: 0055』】】스포츠분석
- 7 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 10 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 18 Bangkok Taxis
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 21 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 22 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 23 A month in central Asia
- 24 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 25 Something about... Malaysia