We are a young couple (mid-20s) currently traveling in Laos. We are in Vientiane at the moment, leaving for Vang Vieng tomorrow (where we'll spend a couple of nights), then onward to Luang Prabang, where we will spend the final 6 days of our trip.
Would be so grateful for any travel suggestions from those who have been to Luang Prabang about unique side trips/excursions into the surrounding countryside: we would love to see hill tribe villages, or any other places of natural beauty/cultural interest. In the 6 or so days we have planned in LP, we're thinking maybe 2-3 days exploring LP (is that enough time?) plus another day or two to visit Kuang Si Waterfalls and Pak Ou Caves (would love to hear thoughts on that as well). That leaves us with an extra 1-2 days, during which we'd love to go more off-the-beaten-path experience any must-see places!
While we're not opposed to a tour, we have a strong preference to travel independently, and in our experience, tours (at least those within our budget) seem to rarely stray from the tourist trail.
Many thanks in advance for anyone generous enough to offer their suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 LEXMARK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT LEXMARK Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 4 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 5 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 6 India help needed
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa