We are spending 2 days in Datong, Dec 27, 28th visiting Hanging Monastery, Grottos, etc.
Does it snow heavily in winter? Is the road accessible to Hanging Monastery?I am afraid of road closures due to heavy snowing, rather than be on the highway, we can take train.
I was offered a private tour by Van for 2 days and enroute to Pingyao after visiting Hanging Monastery.
Any suggestions would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : China
- 2 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 3 Touring with Mentari Tour Jakarta
- 4 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 5 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 6 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 7 Tokyo daytrip
- 8 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 9 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 10 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 11 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 12 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 13 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 16 Japan GTG, early April
- 17 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 18 Bali - What to do?
- 19 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 22 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 23 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 24 Taiwan confusion..
- 25 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?