The most recent info I could find on this was from 2004 so I am wondering what the story is today. We have just arrived in Hong Kong and I am not sure whether to tip or not. S far we have eaten in small restaurants where if seems that tipping is not expected (although I did leave a little extra at lunch). Any input?
Current tipping etiquette in Hong Kong?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Discover Xian
- 2 Advice Sought On East Malaysia Itinerary
- 3 Sri Lanka - Does this seem right?
- 4 Undergraduate research on tourism in Southeast Asia
- 5 When I 31 with and yeah card good
- 6 Place to stay at Muine Phan Thiet, Vietnam?
- 7 BEST OF NORTH VIET NAM TOUR
- 8 BEST THING TO DO IN SAPA OF VIET NAM
- 9 Where best to stay in Penang
- 10 Travels to Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 12 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 13 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 14 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 15 MSG in Hong Kong?
- 16 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 17 Thoughts on 2-3 week Myanmar itinerary? And local artists/galleries?
- 18 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 19 Thanks for helping make my trip to China amazing!
- 20 Haneda Airport to Narita Airport
- 21 Restaurants in Singapore
- 22 Kyoto for 3 full days - help with itinerary suggestions!
- 23 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 24 Where to go?
- 25 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday