Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 2 How is "Vientiane" Pronounced?
- 3 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Itinerary Help Japan
- 6 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 7 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 8 November, March, June... Japan?
- 9 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 10 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 11 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 12 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 13 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 14 Silk Road Tour - China
- 15 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 16 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 17 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 18 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 19 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 20 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 21 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 22 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 23 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 24 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 25 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set