Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Current situation in Bangkok
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 3 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 6 Japan night bus
- 7 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 8 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 9 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 10 Problems at 12,000'
- 11 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 12 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 13 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 14 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 15 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 16 Which Putu in Bali????
- 17 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 18 Japan, japan
- 19 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 20 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 21 Hong Kong restaurants
- 22 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 23 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 24 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 25 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala