Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.evergreenyouth.com/nayvi-serum/
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Mount Koya
- 8 Sometahing is wrong
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week