Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 2 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 6 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 7 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 8 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 9 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?