Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 2 2 weeks in Java
- 3 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 4 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 5 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 6 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 7 My new 10 year china visa
- 8 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 9 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 10 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 11 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 12 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 13 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 14 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 15 Update on riding elephants
- 16 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 17 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 18 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 19 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 20 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 21 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 22 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 23 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 24 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 25 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options