Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 2 Taiwan confusion..
- 3 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 4 Laos- two weeks in January
- 5 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 6 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 7 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 8 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 9 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 10 Visa for India
- 11 Snapshots From Kerala
- 12 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Other than Kyoto?
- 15 Japan itinerary advice
- 16 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 17 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 18 Trip Report : China
- 19 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 20 Japan GTG, early April
- 21 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 22 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 23 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 24 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 25 Goodbye, Carol Simpson