Was hoping to get some advice about the current safety situation in Bangkok?
Contemplating a trip there, staying by the river but venturing into town to go to the markets (partic. Weekend), Jim Thompson house etc. Is it safe to wander around downtown now? What about the temple areas? Is the sky train line through downtown running normally? Or should we just skip BKK and go somewhere else in Thailand (Chiang mai or the beaches or suggestions?).
Any advice would be welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://www.garciniacambogialean.com/provixin
- 2 Japan/Korea/HK
- 3 Thai Elephants
- 4 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 5 Khalsa Engineering Works
- 6 Buy house/ Rent House in Thailand
- 7 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 India itinerary critique please
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 14 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 17 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 20 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 21 Mumbai short visit
- 22 which city should i start from first
- 23 Do not miss the variety of Indonesian cultural festivals in 2017
- 24 Cultural Festivals of Indonesia
- 25 Sri Lanka in August