I have a reservation at a Yangon hotel that does not accept advance payment by credit card. They require payment in Kyats on arrival. The problem is that to pay for my rather long stay I would need to carry in (and exchange) more than the allowed $2000. Any suggestions? I hesitate to call the hotel because I don't want to red flag my problem!
currency Q re Myanmar
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 2 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 3 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 4 2-3 days in Georgia
- 5 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 6 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 7 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 8 Japan in July?
- 9 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 10 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 11 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 12 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 15 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 16 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 17 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 18 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 21 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 22 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 23 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 24 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia
- 25 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand