I have heard a few comments that US dollars are widely accepted or even preferred in the Maldives . We are going to Baros for 5 days in February (from UK) . Should we take local currency , sterling or US dollars or perhaps a mixture . We will have credit cards for back up.
Currency for Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour company practices
- 2 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 3 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 4 Passport question
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - recent experience
- 6 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 7 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 8 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 9 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 10 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 11 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 12 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 13 Help! Which to choose?
- 14 North Vietnam Again!
- 15 Castle & King
- 16 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 17 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 18 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 19 One week in Thailand
- 20 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 21 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 22 India and Nepal 2014
- 23 Independent female traveller
- 24 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 25 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!