I have heard a few comments that US dollars are widely accepted or even preferred in the Maldives . We are going to Baros for 5 days in February (from UK) . Should we take local currency , sterling or US dollars or perhaps a mixture . We will have credit cards for back up.
Currency for Maldives
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 2 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 3 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 4 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 5 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 6 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 7 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 8 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 9 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 10 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 11 China trip - 15 nights
- 12 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 13 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 14 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 15 Japan in July?
- 16 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 17 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 18 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 19 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 20 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 21 2-3 days in Georgia
- 22 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 23 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 24 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 25 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.