Hello fellow travelers!
We have never been to Asia before and are very excited to be planning a 2 week family trip to Thailand in February 2016 (2 adults; 2 six-year-old girls). We love culture and history, as well as the outdoors/scenery. We are not so keen on shopping, other than for traditional handmade items. We also don't want to do any "animal-tourist" activities (snake farms, tiger shows, elephant rides, etc). Our girls are good travelers and I think they will enjoy some of the temples, but we want to be sure not to overload them and do other things they will love as well.
I would appriciate comments, critquies, and suggestions on the following proposed itinerary (i.e., days that are too busy or unrealisitc; days we could comfortable do more, any missed "must see" sights, etc.). Thanks so much!
1 - Depart US
2 - Cross International Date Line
3 - Arrive Bangkok 12:20am (Grand Centre Point Hotel Tachadamri - 3 nights). Sleep - up in the AM for sightseeing on our own - Erawan Shrine, Jim Thompson House, Wat Traimit, Chinatown by river taxi (massage/pool in PM and early to bed to fight jet leg)
4 - Tours by Tong: Flower Market, Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Wat Arun, City Pillar Shrine, Klong Canal Tour, Vimanmek Teak Mansion
5 - Tours by Tong: Floating Market, Wat Benchamabophitr, Wat Suthat, Drop off at airport for 6:50 flight to Chiang Rei, arrive 8:10pm (Bura Resort - 1 night)
6 - Golden Triangle Tour with Jermsak: Monkey & Fish Cave, Golden Triangle (no border crossings), Speed boat around island, Opium Museum, Black House, White Temple, Transfer to Chiang Mai (Baan Orapin Bed and Breakfast - 5 nights)
7 - Elephant Nature Park Full Day (8:00-5:30); Chaing Mai Saturday Night Walking Street (This is our girls' 6th birthday!)
8 - Sergeant Kai tour: Doi Suthep, Moat and Old City (Wat Chedi Luang, Wat Pan Tao, Wat Phra Singh); Bor Sang and Ban Ton Po. Also: Sunday Market on our own.
9 & 10 - Two day, one night trek to hilltop village with Sergeant Kai; overnight in village, rafting (no elephant riding). Also: Massage/pool in the PM on Day 10
11 - 6:10am flight to Phuket, arrive 8:20am (Katathani Phuket Beach Resort - 3 nights) Beach/Resort
12 - Beach/Resort
13 - Snorkel trip to Similan Islands (7:30am - 5:30pm).
14 - Beach/Resort. 7:35pm flight to Bangkok, arriving 9:00pm. (Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport - 1 night)
15 - Depart Bangkok; Arrive US 7:00PM
FYI: On the tours, I have contacted the various guides regarding these self-created tours, but am waiting to hear back from them. Also, our girls will be celebrating their 6th birthday on day 8 (Chiang Mai), so any thoughts on making that evening special for them (i.e., cake, balloons, other traditions, etc.) would be greatly appreciated!I
Thanks so much, I Iook forward to your comments and suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MS: Outlook Email +1-8OO : 385 : 4895 SUPP0RT NUmber USa
- 2 Logistics and Transportation
- 3 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 4 Something about... Malaysia
- 5 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 6 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 7 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 9 Budget Servied Apt
- 10 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 11 Terracotta Warriors
- 12 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 13 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 14 hiking japan sept
- 15 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 16 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 17 The best way to My Son
- 18 Japan Itinerary!
- 19 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 20 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 24 Japan rough itinerary
- 25 Bangkok- Sky Bars
Hello fellow travelers!