I am fulfilling my lifelong dream of going to Java in Indonesia. The opportunity to travel there came quite suddenly. I am thus rushing to figure out where exactly to go!
I will have 9 days. I fly into Yogyakarta on Feb 4. I spend my first night in Borobudur. Everything else is unplanned. I fly out from Surabaya. The idea is to travel and sightsee whilst making my way from the center of the island to the east, to Surabaya.
I'm young on a flashpacker budget, studied art history & some geology, I love hiking + safe motorbiking. So far, my itinerary features:
I'm not sure what route is best between these places. Also I don't think these places take up nine whole days of sight-seeing.
I would really appreciate any suggestions on good places to visit. Little gems. Big gems.
What's the best way to get around the island? What are good places in between these big attractions to visit?
Thank you for any words of advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 India Tour Packages
- 3 Hotel Chang Mai
- 4 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 5 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 6 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 7 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 8 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 9 Bhutan paro Tshechu
- 10 Thailand
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 13 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 14 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 15 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 16 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 17 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 18 Hotel in Hanoi
- 19 India help needed
- 20 Beach hotel Thailand
- 21 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 22 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 23 Sim cards and adaptors
- 24 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 25 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia