I am fulfilling my lifelong dream of going to Java in Indonesia. The opportunity to travel there came quite suddenly. I am thus rushing to figure out where exactly to go!
I will have 9 days. I fly into Yogyakarta on Feb 4. I spend my first night in Borobudur. Everything else is unplanned. I fly out from Surabaya. The idea is to travel and sightsee whilst making my way from the center of the island to the east, to Surabaya.
I'm young on a flashpacker budget, studied art history & some geology, I love hiking + safe motorbiking. So far, my itinerary features:
I'm not sure what route is best between these places. Also I don't think these places take up nine whole days of sight-seeing.
I would really appreciate any suggestions on good places to visit. Little gems. Big gems.
What's the best way to get around the island? What are good places in between these big attractions to visit?
Thank you for any words of advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 2 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 3 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 4 Osaka, aquarium?
- 5 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 6 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 7 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 8 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 9 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 10 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 11 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 12 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 13 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 14 Indonesia travel agent
- 15 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 18 Bangkok Taxis
- 19 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 20 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 21 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 22 A month in central Asia
- 23 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 24 Something about... Malaysia
- 25 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur