I am fulfilling my lifelong dream of going to Java in Indonesia. The opportunity to travel there came quite suddenly. I am thus rushing to figure out where exactly to go!
I will have 9 days. I fly into Yogyakarta on Feb 4. I spend my first night in Borobudur. Everything else is unplanned. I fly out from Surabaya. The idea is to travel and sightsee whilst making my way from the center of the island to the east, to Surabaya.
I'm young on a flashpacker budget, studied art history & some geology, I love hiking + safe motorbiking. So far, my itinerary features:
I'm not sure what route is best between these places. Also I don't think these places take up nine whole days of sight-seeing.
I would really appreciate any suggestions on good places to visit. Little gems. Big gems.
What's the best way to get around the island? What are good places in between these big attractions to visit?
Thank you for any words of advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4choice.com/lumidaire/
- 2 Vietnam Dong
- 3 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 4 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 5 A first time for everything in Japan
- 6 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 7 India Tour Companies
- 8 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 9 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 10 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 11 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 12 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 13 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 14 3 weeks in Japan
- 15 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 16 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 17 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 18 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 19 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 20 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 21 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 22 New Years in Japan
- 23 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand