I am fulfilling my lifelong dream of going to Java in Indonesia. The opportunity to travel there came quite suddenly. I am thus rushing to figure out where exactly to go!
I will have 9 days. I fly into Yogyakarta on Feb 4. I spend my first night in Borobudur. Everything else is unplanned. I fly out from Surabaya. The idea is to travel and sightsee whilst making my way from the center of the island to the east, to Surabaya.
I'm young on a flashpacker budget, studied art history & some geology, I love hiking + safe motorbiking. So far, my itinerary features:
I'm not sure what route is best between these places. Also I don't think these places take up nine whole days of sight-seeing.
I would really appreciate any suggestions on good places to visit. Little gems. Big gems.
What's the best way to get around the island? What are good places in between these big attractions to visit?
Thank you for any words of advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 2 Japan Rail Pass
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 5 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 6 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 7 Best Indian food in Bangkok?
- 8 Sri Lanka May
- 9 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 10 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 Bali,Java,Borneo 3 weeks
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad