I am fulfilling my lifelong dream of going to Java in Indonesia. The opportunity to travel there came quite suddenly. I am thus rushing to figure out where exactly to go!
I will have 9 days. I fly into Yogyakarta on Feb 4. I spend my first night in Borobudur. Everything else is unplanned. I fly out from Surabaya. The idea is to travel and sightsee whilst making my way from the center of the island to the east, to Surabaya.
I'm young on a flashpacker budget, studied art history & some geology, I love hiking + safe motorbiking. So far, my itinerary features:
I'm not sure what route is best between these places. Also I don't think these places take up nine whole days of sight-seeing.
I would really appreciate any suggestions on good places to visit. Little gems. Big gems.
What's the best way to get around the island? What are good places in between these big attractions to visit?
Thank you for any words of advice.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan / Korea Trip
- 2 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 3 Taiwan confusion..
- 4 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 5 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 6 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 7 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 8 vietnam visa
- 9 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 10 Japan GTG, early April
- 11 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 12 Tokyo daytrip
- 13 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 14 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 15 Trip Report : China
- 16 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 17 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 18 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 19 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 20 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 21 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 22 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 23 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 24 Bali - What to do?
- 25 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table