Practically on a lark (price was inexpensive), I booked a March 10th Highlights of Yangtze River tour for my wife and me. We have been to China once before and but I have never taken a tour (anywhere for that matter). Planning is part of the fun. Now that I have prepaid, I would love to have some practical answers from you veterans.
I noticed that Northwest 747 at the back (rows 63 to 66) is a 242 configuration. Anybody know why they would not be the best coach seats (if you cannot get exit or bulkhead seats) for couple?
I noticed that Pacific Delight is saying we ~ on Northwest ~ are limited to one piece of checked baggage (with size limitations) and one carry on (again with size limitations). I also notice they are saying you are limited to 44 pounds on the one checked bag within China. Does Northwest or China domestic airlines check size and weight carefully? If so, is the excess baggage cost very high? I would love to have one hard sided bag dedicated to bring back breakables.
I printed out cabin layout for Victoria Prince. We will be in one of their standard cabins. Normally certain cabins stand out as preferred. I cannot immediately see any preference on cabins. Have any of you traveled on this ship and can share with me preferred cabins or decks?
In Beijing, I keep seeing high marks for Li Family Restaurant. Does anybody know what you can expect as a cost per person? It looks as if they just have one large round table. Do they take reservations at different times? I guess the best way to get reservations is to write them a letter and then follow up when we get to Beijing. Any comments?
We have reserved an English speaking car and driver for one day in Beijing. We want to visit Mutianyu and then use him to help us bargain for antiques. How long does it take ~ round trip ~ to visit Mutianyu (assuming 2 hours there)? Does anybody know if the cable car runs mid March? We would like 3 or 4 hours to go antique shopping. I know there are a lot of reproductions. Anybody feel comfortable with any shops that sell the genuine article? Would appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Hopefully, your answers will help other China travelers. By the way, is anybody out there going on the same tour?
Could you please help me with a Pacific Delight China Tour?
- 1 LCCT to KL Sentral or 1Utama?
- 2 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 3 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 4 white sand beaches in thailand
- 5 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 6 water delivery and water dispenser
- 7 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 8 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 9 SHANGHAI GTG MAY 30, 2013
- 10 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 11 Udaipur, India
- 12 Cell Phones in India
- 13 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 14 India, What Can I Say!
- 15 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 16 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 17 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 18 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 19 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 20 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 21 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 22 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 23 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 24 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 25 Wildlife Tour of India