Firstly, I'll say that this is a pretty involved question, so I'll appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently planning a solo trip to South East Asia in January. I've only booked flights (all AirAsia) so far. Currently the travel plan is:
17th Jan - Fly Sydney to KL, then sleep in airport D
18th Jan - Fly KL to Yangon
23rd Jan - Fly Yangon - Bangkok
I haven't booked any internal flights for this period yet, and the plan was going to be:
Bangkok for a week (+?), train up to Chiang Mai stopping at Ayutthaya, Phitsanulok, etc. Check out Chiang Mai/Rai and then fly to Siem Reap, spend some time at Angkor Wat and PP, and then on
19 February - Fly Phnom Penh to KL and then to Bali, where I am meeting up with friends and staying there until March 3rd, then I fly home.
I'd appreciate any input on what I should do on the interior part of the trip-- I haven't really figured out how long I want to spend in each place, and I know that it makes sense to not figure that out, and just see how I like it, but some part of me wants to book hotels, and I'm not really sure what to do.
Furthermore, now I am considering extending my trip. Either forwards or backwards, bringing it forwards might be a bit tough, because I am cutting my Myanmar visa close at the moment (right now I'm waiting for my passport, so I can send in my application) so I might have to do something IN BETWEEN, rather than move everything forward. On the backwards side, I can only move it back 1-1.5 weeks, but that's pretty similar to how long I would move it forward-- I wouldn't want to go too close to the holiday rush period.
So where could / should I go for that period? Somewhere in Malaysia? I was considering going to Laos, Vietnam and China also in this trip, but Vietnam and China atleast seem like they really require their own trip and wouldnt really fit within my restraints. I can virtually fly anywhere in Asia because AirAsia is so cheap / always has sales. They carry a lot of smaller destinations as well.
Please help me figure out how I should spend my time internally (Thailand and Cambodia and ?)
I am considering extending my trip either forwards (flying earlier than Jan 17) or backwards (flying home after March 3rd)
However, It'll be difficult to change the week in Myanmar unless I do major restructuring because I am currently waiting for my passport to arrive so I can apply for the visa, so I'm cutting it a little close.
I could probably only add 1-2 weeks, as forwards that'd be getting real close to the holiday flight period (high prices?), and backwards my uni actually resumes on the 2nd, so I don't want to miss more than a few weeks of it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 2 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 3 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 4 Sim cards and adaptors
- 5 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 6 How to Celebrate New Year 2016 in Pakistan?
- 7 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 8 India help needed
- 9 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 10 Sri Lanka Visa
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 Hotel in Hanoi
- 13 Place to stay Hue
- 14 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 15 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 16 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 17 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 18 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 19 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 20 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 21 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 22 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 23 Trekking outside Sapa
- 24 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 25 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out