Firstly, I'll say that this is a pretty involved question, so I'll appreciate any and all help. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently planning a solo trip to South East Asia in January. I've only booked flights (all AirAsia) so far. Currently the travel plan is:
17th Jan - Fly Sydney to KL, then sleep in airport D
18th Jan - Fly KL to Yangon
23rd Jan - Fly Yangon - Bangkok
I haven't booked any internal flights for this period yet, and the plan was going to be:
Bangkok for a week (+?), train up to Chiang Mai stopping at Ayutthaya, Phitsanulok, etc. Check out Chiang Mai/Rai and then fly to Siem Reap, spend some time at Angkor Wat and PP, and then on
19 February - Fly Phnom Penh to KL and then to Bali, where I am meeting up with friends and staying there until March 3rd, then I fly home.
I'd appreciate any input on what I should do on the interior part of the trip-- I haven't really figured out how long I want to spend in each place, and I know that it makes sense to not figure that out, and just see how I like it, but some part of me wants to book hotels, and I'm not really sure what to do.
Furthermore, now I am considering extending my trip. Either forwards or backwards, bringing it forwards might be a bit tough, because I am cutting my Myanmar visa close at the moment (right now I'm waiting for my passport, so I can send in my application) so I might have to do something IN BETWEEN, rather than move everything forward. On the backwards side, I can only move it back 1-1.5 weeks, but that's pretty similar to how long I would move it forward-- I wouldn't want to go too close to the holiday rush period.
So where could / should I go for that period? Somewhere in Malaysia? I was considering going to Laos, Vietnam and China also in this trip, but Vietnam and China atleast seem like they really require their own trip and wouldnt really fit within my restraints. I can virtually fly anywhere in Asia because AirAsia is so cheap / always has sales. They carry a lot of smaller destinations as well.
Please help me figure out how I should spend my time internally (Thailand and Cambodia and ?)
I am considering extending my trip either forwards (flying earlier than Jan 17) or backwards (flying home after March 3rd)
However, It'll be difficult to change the week in Myanmar unless I do major restructuring because I am currently waiting for my passport to arrive so I can apply for the visa, so I'm cutting it a little close.
I could probably only add 1-2 weeks, as forwards that'd be getting real close to the holiday flight period (high prices?), and backwards my uni actually resumes on the 2nd, so I don't want to miss more than a few weeks of it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 2 Beijing tours
- 3 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 6 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 7 Impressions of India
- 8 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 9 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 10 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 13 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
Considering extending my trip! Please help me figure this out