This is our first trip to Singapore but it will be just a 3 day stopover before heading to Sri Lanka. Right now I am trying to determine best area/hotel for public transportation, good dining/bars (more lounge than club), etc. We don't mind walking and I would like this as an option for evening dining. Shopping isn't a high priority although my husband might check out some tailors, planning on doing night zoo safari, and would love to visit Chinatown. Currently looking at a price rate of $225 US or less and considering Pan Pacific Singapore, Park Hotel Clarke Quay, Intercontinental. My first thought was Royal Plaza at the Scotts but that was more attractive due to free internet and stocked mini-bar. Any insights or additional properties to consider? Any friends and family offers to check?
Confused about Singapore mid-range hotels???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 7 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 8 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 9 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 10 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 11 How safe is Delhi/India
- 12 Malaria
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport