This is our first trip to Singapore but it will be just a 3 day stopover before heading to Sri Lanka. Right now I am trying to determine best area/hotel for public transportation, good dining/bars (more lounge than club), etc. We don't mind walking and I would like this as an option for evening dining. Shopping isn't a high priority although my husband might check out some tailors, planning on doing night zoo safari, and would love to visit Chinatown. Currently looking at a price rate of $225 US or less and considering Pan Pacific Singapore, Park Hotel Clarke Quay, Intercontinental. My first thought was Royal Plaza at the Scotts but that was more attractive due to free internet and stocked mini-bar. Any insights or additional properties to consider? Any friends and family offers to check?
Confused about Singapore mid-range hotels???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 2 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 3 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 4 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 5 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 6 Photos from India!
- 7 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 8 How to handle cash in Japan
- 9 Great Wall hike
- 10 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 11 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 12 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer
- 13 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 14 Six days in Hong Kong
- 15 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 16 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 17 China, Hong Kong, Tibet
- 18 Storing photos while traveling
- 19 Mt Wutai or Mt Tai
- 20 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 21 Seeking suggestions for our Nepal time in November. Do we need masks?
- 22 BANGKOK HOTELS
- 23 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 24 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 25 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey