This is our first trip to Singapore but it will be just a 3 day stopover before heading to Sri Lanka. Right now I am trying to determine best area/hotel for public transportation, good dining/bars (more lounge than club), etc. We don't mind walking and I would like this as an option for evening dining. Shopping isn't a high priority although my husband might check out some tailors, planning on doing night zoo safari, and would love to visit Chinatown. Currently looking at a price rate of $225 US or less and considering Pan Pacific Singapore, Park Hotel Clarke Quay, Intercontinental. My first thought was Royal Plaza at the Scotts but that was more attractive due to free internet and stocked mini-bar. Any insights or additional properties to consider? Any friends and family offers to check?
Confused about Singapore mid-range hotels???
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 2 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 3 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 4 1st time Japan - solo female
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 7 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 Odyssey unlimited
- 10 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 11 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 12 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 13 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 14 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 15 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 19 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 20 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 25 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!