This is our first trip to Singapore but it will be just a 3 day stopover before heading to Sri Lanka. Right now I am trying to determine best area/hotel for public transportation, good dining/bars (more lounge than club), etc. We don't mind walking and I would like this as an option for evening dining. Shopping isn't a high priority although my husband might check out some tailors, planning on doing night zoo safari, and would love to visit Chinatown. Currently looking at a price rate of $225 US or less and considering Pan Pacific Singapore, Park Hotel Clarke Quay, Intercontinental. My first thought was Royal Plaza at the Scotts but that was more attractive due to free internet and stocked mini-bar. Any insights or additional properties to consider? Any friends and family offers to check?
Confused about Singapore mid-range hotels???
- 1 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 2 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 3 Our favorite Bali -- Ubud, Amed, Seminyak, Pemuteran – 2012
- 4 Best beach to stay at in Phuket?
- 5 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 6 China 2013 - 17 Days, 7 Airlines, 12 Flights, 21,206 Miles
- 7 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 8 package tours to thailand, flying from us
- 9 First-timer seeks weather/sight advice for Thailand, Vietnam, Nepal
- 10 Food in Uzbekistan
- 11 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 12 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 13 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 14 Train Fares in Japan
- 15 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 16 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 17 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 18 Udaipur, India
- 19 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 20 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 21 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 22 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 23 independent travel in India
- 24 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 25 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang