I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Best Indian Human Hair
- 2 Japan itinerary advice
- 3 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 4 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 5 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 6 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 7 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 8 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 9 Other than Kyoto?
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 12 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 13 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 14 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 15 Japan GTG, early April
- 16 Beijing tours
- 17 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 18 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 19 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 20 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 21 A great trip in India
- 22 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 23 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 24 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 25 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area