I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Colombo to Yala National Park...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 2 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 3 Factory "outlet" stores in Vietnam?
- 4 Missing Air Asia flight
- 5 Hanoi driver wanted
- 6 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 7 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 8 5 nights in Japan.
- 9 vietnam and laos
- 10 Delhi this winter, in pictures!
- 11 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 12 2nd location on the beach
- 13 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 14 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO
- 15 Safe to buy Sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 16 Thailand - Food recos
- 17 Seoul - Cuckoo rice cooker
- 18 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 19 Laos for the backpacker
- 20 The best way (or place) to see Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo
- 21 Single parent traveling to Thailand with a 4-yo son
- 22 Amazing Samurai Armor Exhibition
- 23 Thailand Hotel
- 24 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 25 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia