I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 4 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 5 Road Scholar tour in China
- 6 Being customs
- 7 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 8 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 9 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 10 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 11 Tips in Myanmar
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 14 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 19 A beach of choice on Samui
- 20 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 21 Travel India solo
- 22 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 23 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 24 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 25 Busan Central Bus Terminal