I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Colombo to Yala National Park...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 2 Thai island escape
- 3 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 4 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 5 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 6 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 7 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 12 General question
- 13 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 14 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 15 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 16 South Korea 5 days
- 17 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 20 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 21 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 22 Phuket Hotel
- 23 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 24 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?