I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 November, March, June... Japan?
- 2 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 3 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 4 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 5 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 6 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 7 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 11 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 12 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 13 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 14 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 15 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 16 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?