I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 New Hua Hin Marriott Resort & Spa
- 3 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 4 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 5 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 6 Bali airport transportation
- 7 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 8 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 9 Vietnam - Quy Nhon
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 12 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 13 China visa 60 day limit--leave for weekend?
- 14 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 15 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 16 Passport for Indonesia
- 17 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 18 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 19 Is this crazy?
- 20 Dollar traveller cheques
- 21 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 22 India help with where to go
- 23 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 24 Hoi An in December?
- 25 Getting to Hoi An from Hue