I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Eating in India
- 2 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 3 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 4 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 5 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 6 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 7 Sri Lanka plan
- 8 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 9 Vietnam - September 2015
- 10 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 11 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 12 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 15 Private guide and driver for India
- 16 Hong Kong - help please.
- 17 Help with our time in Mandalay, please
- 18 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 19 Trekking in India
- 20 Where best to stay in Penang
- 21 Hotel in Hanoi
- 22 17-Day Itinerary
- 23 Advice on tour company to Sri Lanka
- 24 Need Help for the itinerary
- 25 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!