I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Colombo to Yala National Park...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 2 Help re. Visa.
- 3 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 4 Bangkok and Manila
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 7 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 8 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 9 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 10 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 11 Visa
- 12 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 13 Gluten free in Japan?
- 14 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 15 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 16 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?