I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 2 Hotel in Tokyo
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help
- 4 Vietnam - September 2015
- 5 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 6 Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 7 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 8 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 9 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 10 Where to stay in Koyasan?
- 11 which street food tour in Hanoi?
- 12 Trip out from Bangkok to Laos, Cambodia or ?
- 13 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 14 Do you travel with an air mask (N95) when you go to China?
- 15 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 16 Khao Lak
- 17 Hakone Ryokan - Gora Kansuiro
- 18 Khmer people please help me with translation
- 19 trekking in SE Asia
- 20 TR 'From DC to Delhi and beyond' dated 25 February 2015
- 21 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 22 Applying Indian Visa - 1 photo or 2 ?
- 23 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 24 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 25 Re: Small and wonderful Singapore