I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Colombo to Yala National Park...
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 2 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 buying a van in Mongolia
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 7 Japan, japan
- 8 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 9 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 10 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 11 Hong Kong restaurants
- 12 Problems at 12,000'
- 13 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 14 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 15 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 16 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 17 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 18 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 19 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 20 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 21 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 22 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 23 How safe is Delhi/India
- 24 Malaria
- 25 Vietnam and coffee