I'm researching my honeymoon in early July & one of my options is to fly to Colombo and go on safari in the Yala national park.
I've had a quote from the Mahoora Safari Camp ($855/2 adults for 4 nights) but am wondering how difficult it will be to actually get from CMB to the park.
I have read that it can take upwards of 7hrs - is that a reasonable time?
Also, do they do (is it safe?) overnight journeys from the capital to Yala?
Finally, any ideas how much it costs for the journey?
Many thanks for any help & ideas!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 2 Visa for India
- 3 Snapshots From Kerala
- 4 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 5 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 6 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 7 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 8 Other than Kyoto?
- 9 Japan itinerary advice
- 10 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 11 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 12 Trip Report : China
- 13 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 14 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 15 Japan GTG, early April
- 16 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 17 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 20 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 21 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 22 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 23 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 24 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 25 Narita Airport to Shinjuku