I'm looking for a tour to China with my SO who can speak conversational Mandarin. We would like a 10-14 day tour in June, preferably one that starts or ends in Shanghai so we can spend some extra days there. I'm not even sure if this exists, but we would really like a tour that would take care of accommodations and inter-city travel while allowing us to mostly explore on our own.
I've been seeing a lot here denouncing Chinese tours, and while the posts have definitely been eye-opening, independent travel is, unfortunately, not an option for us. We are inexperienced international travelers, so any advice or recommendations will be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Destination Wedding Planner in Indore
- 2 Flights from US to Asia: Which airline to book?
- 3 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 4 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 5 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 6 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 7 Need help on itinerary for trip to Vietnam in November
- 8 Vietnam Itinerary -- please critique
- 9 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 10 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 11 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 14 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 15 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 16 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 17 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 18 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 19 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 20 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 21 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 22 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 23 Sulawesi
- 24 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 25 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo