I'm looking for a tour to China with my SO who can speak conversational Mandarin. We would like a 10-14 day tour in June, preferably one that starts or ends in Shanghai so we can spend some extra days there. I'm not even sure if this exists, but we would really like a tour that would take care of accommodations and inter-city travel while allowing us to mostly explore on our own.
I've been seeing a lot here denouncing Chinese tours, and while the posts have definitely been eye-opening, independent travel is, unfortunately, not an option for us. We are inexperienced international travelers, so any advice or recommendations will be very appreciated!
China tour with free days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Independent female traveller
- 4 North Vietnam Again!
- 5 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 6 Castle & King
- 7 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 10 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 11 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 12 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 13 One week in India
- 14 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 15 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 16 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 17 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 18 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 19 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 20 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 21 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 22 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 23 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 24 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 25 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can