I'm looking for a tour to China with my SO who can speak conversational Mandarin. We would like a 10-14 day tour in June, preferably one that starts or ends in Shanghai so we can spend some extra days there. I'm not even sure if this exists, but we would really like a tour that would take care of accommodations and inter-city travel while allowing us to mostly explore on our own.
I've been seeing a lot here denouncing Chinese tours, and while the posts have definitely been eye-opening, independent travel is, unfortunately, not an option for us. We are inexperienced international travelers, so any advice or recommendations will be very appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel in Tokyo
- 2 Myanmar Help
- 3 Best month for weather, Burma, Laos
- 4 Which Cities in India if Only Have 8 days on Land?
- 5 INDIA: "A Pleasant Surprise"
- 6 Itinerary... and lots of trains. Advice Please
- 7 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 8 Rain, hail (softened by sakura) couldn't stop us from loving Japan!
- 9 Suggestions for plan B?: a week in Thailand in early November
- 10 Money (and cards) in Myanmar
- 11 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 12 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 13 I will be in Ubud for 9 days?
- 14 Cover in Bagan/temples
- 15 22 hour overlay in Tokyo, any ideas?
- 16 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 17 Your "must try" Japanese food experiences.
- 18 Japan Itinerary Help
- 19 Where to stay in Hong Kong and Macau
- 20 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 21 Flower Arranging in Kyoto
- 22 Looking for a hotel in Singapore, what areas should I avoid?
- 23 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 24 Vietnam - September 2015
- 25 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?