I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
China - Nepal - India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 2 Palawan, Philippines-TOP island to visit in the world re: El NIdo,Underground River, Tubatahha Reef
- 3 What I like about Mumbai
- 4 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 5 Does anybody know the Aphrodite cruise? (Halong Bay)
- 6 Sumatra for 2 weeks in December
- 7 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 8 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 9 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 10 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 11 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 12 Thailand mid-December
- 13 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 14 Indian visa
- 15 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 16 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 17 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 18 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 19 One week in Thailand
- 20 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 21 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 22 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 23 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand