I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Java
- 2 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 3 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 4 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 5 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 6 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 7 My new 10 year china visa
- 8 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 9 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 10 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 11 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 12 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 13 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 14 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 15 Update on riding elephants
- 16 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 17 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 18 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 19 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 20 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 21 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 22 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 23 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 24 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 25 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options