I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
China - Nepal - India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 2 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 Need a guide in Burma?
- 5 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 6 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 7 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 8 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 9 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 10 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 11 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 12 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 13 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?
- 14 One Week in Beijing, what would you do?
- 15 Help with Myanmar Itinerary 15 nights
- 16 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 17 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 20 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 21 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 22 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 23 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 24 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 25 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul