I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 2 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 3 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 4 5 weeks in Japan
- 5 Gutted!
- 6 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 7 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 8 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 9 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 10 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 11 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 12 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 13 Family Trip to Japan
- 14 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 15 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 16 New Member
- 17 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 18 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 19 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 20 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 21 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 24 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 25 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!