I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
China - Nepal - India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 3 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 4 4 days hiking in Guilin,China
- 5 Vietnam and coffee
- 6 I'm going to Japan!
- 7 Malaria
- 8 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 9 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 10 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 11 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 12 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 13 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 14 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 15 Cherry blossom
- 16 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 17 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 18 How safe is Delhi/India
- 19 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 20 Which Putu in Bali????
- 21 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 22 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 23 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 24 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 25 Malaysia in September