I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
China - Nepal - India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 4 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 5 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 6 Japan Itinerary for May
- 7 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 8 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 9 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 10 General question
- 11 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 12 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 13 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 14 South Korea 5 days
- 15 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 16 Thai island escape
- 17 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 18 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 19 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 20 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 21 Phuket Hotel
- 22 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 23 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 24 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 25 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport