I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 2 Southern India here we come
- 3 Thai Airline
- 4 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 5 Seoul Searching Questions
- 6 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 7 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 8 2 months in Indonesia
- 9 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 10 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 11 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 12 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 13 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 14 I miss Mongolia
- 15 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 16 Visa on Arrival
- 17 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 18 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 19 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 20 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 21 Japanese art
- 22 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 23 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 24 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 25 First time to SEA