I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 3 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 4 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 5 Mumbai short visit
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Thailand Guides
- 8 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 9 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 10 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 11 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Phuket Beaches
- 14 India itinerary critique please
- 15 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 16 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 20 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 24 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 25 Luggage size China ?