I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
China - Nepal - India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 China in 12 Days
- 5 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 6 language problem in japan
- 7 Nepal
- 8 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 9 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 10 two free days in Beijing
- 11 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 12 April in Bangkok, again!
- 13 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 14 Japan - spending money?
- 15 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 16 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 17 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 18 1st Trip to Bali
- 19 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 20 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 21 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 22 water villages, shanghai
- 23 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 24 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 25 Private Guide in Chiang Mai