I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 6 Takayama trail, Japan
- 7 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 8 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 9 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand