I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 dublin-v-s-kerry-live-gaa-all-ireland-sfc-semi-final-online
- 2 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 3 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 4 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 8 Sakura (cherry blossom) forecasts 2016
- 9 Advice for a newbie!
- 10 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 15 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 16 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 17 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 18 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 19 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 20 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 21 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 22 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 23 Hanoi Hotel
- 24 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 25 Need help choosing a tour company.