I'm a solo backpacker and I intend to travel from China to India, crossing over via Nepal, over approximately 70 days. I haven't actually done much research about this (trip is likely next year) though I was wondering if it is feasible at all?
I intend to fly in to China and then work my way to India va public transport (trains and buses) and then fly out of India. As of now there aren't any must-see places yet, though I'm more interested in Southern China (to see the minorities) and Southern India (more truly Indian) than the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai or New Delhi.
If anyone has done anything similar, could you advice me on whether the time is sufficient? I'd like to know also how much I should expect myself to spend. I'll be staying in hostels (likely Hosteling International, or similar) and not spending on anything extravagant. The trip should be around February to April - it will be nice to see the Lunar New Year in China!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 2 Tiger Temple
- 3 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 4 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 5 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 6 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 7 Driving in Japan
- 8 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 9 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 10 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 11 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 12 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 13 First time trip to Japan questions
- 14 Laos in the end of June
- 15 Japan & WiFi
- 16 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 17 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 18 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 19 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 20 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 21 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 22 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 23 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 24 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 25 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan