I'm going to China with a friend in July and welcome any feedback or information-thoughts, input, must sees, etc. (I know some of you will respond that I'm packing too much into this trip but that's how i've traveled in Europe etc and I while I jam a lot into a shorter amount of time, it works for me). Also, I was in China a while back, and my father travels there a LOT for business so I have some familiarity, and some resources there (i.e. a driver in shanghai). Here's my itinerary:
Hong Kong-2 days
Beijing- 3 days (full, arriving evening before)
Xian- 1 day (with overnight)
Shangahi-3 full days, leaving midday on the 4th day.
My current plan is to do the main sights in and around Beijing, (ie forbidden city, great wall, summer palace), and I'd like to take one of my Shanghai days and take a train to a water village, Suzhou, or Hangzhou/west lake (or another place, I'm open, and would love recommendations on this day trip).
Another concern is the weather. I know July isn't an ideal time to go, but that's what works with both of our schedules. I keep reading hot, humid, rainy. How rainy does it usually get, are we talking torrential downpour? Any information on typical weather would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 50th Anniversary trip
- 2 currency conversion
- 3 CNX late arrival?
- 4 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 5 The truth about elephant tourism
- 6 booking thailand trip with airfare and hotels?
- 7 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 8 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 9 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 10 Help - India take 2
- 11 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 12 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 13 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 14 is this a good travel plan?
- 15 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 16 Phenom Penh
- 17 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 18 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 19 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 20 One day in Saigon
- 21 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 22 Bali private driver recommendation
- 23 North India Itinerary advice
- 24 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 25 The Indian money crunch.