I'm going to China with a friend in July and welcome any feedback or information-thoughts, input, must sees, etc. Also, wanted to note as background, that I was in China a while back, and my father travels there a lot for business so I have some familiarity, and some resources there (i.e. a driver in shanghai). Here's my itinerary:
Hong Kong-2 days
Beijing- 3 days (full, arriving evening before)
Xian- 1 day (with overnight)
Shangahi-3 full days, leaving midday on the 4th day.
My current plan is to do the main sights in and around Beijing, (ie forbidden city, great wall, summer palace), and I'd like to take one of my Shanghai days and take a train to a water village, Suzhou, or Hangzhou/west lake (or another place, I'm open, and would love recommendations on this day trip).
Another concern is the weather. I know July isn't an ideal time to go, but that's what works with both of our schedules. I keep reading hot, humid, rainy. How rainy does it usually get, are we talking torrential downpour? Any information on typical weather would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beijing tours
- 2 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 3 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 4 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 9 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 14 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 15 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 16 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 17 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 20 Takayama trail, Japan
- 21 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 22 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 23 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 24 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 25 On the road again - to Incredible India.