I'm going to China with a friend in July and welcome any feedback or information-thoughts, input, must sees, etc. Also, wanted to note as background, that I was in China a while back, and my father travels there a lot for business so I have some familiarity, and some resources there (i.e. a driver in shanghai). Here's my itinerary:
Hong Kong-2 days
Beijing- 3 days (full, arriving evening before)
Xian- 1 day (with overnight)
Shangahi-3 full days, leaving midday on the 4th day.
My current plan is to do the main sights in and around Beijing, (ie forbidden city, great wall, summer palace), and I'd like to take one of my Shanghai days and take a train to a water village, Suzhou, or Hangzhou/west lake (or another place, I'm open, and would love recommendations on this day trip).
Another concern is the weather. I know July isn't an ideal time to go, but that's what works with both of our schedules. I keep reading hot, humid, rainy. How rainy does it usually get, are we talking torrential downpour? Any information on typical weather would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 HP Installation CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 HP PRINTER Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 5 2 weeks in Tokyo - Itinerary review please?
- 6 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 sri lanka- tips required
- 9 base bangkok or manilla
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 12 Idiotic time zone question
- 13 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 14 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 15 Mount Koya
- 16 Sometahing is wrong
- 17 Twin rooms in Japan
- 18 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 19 Change my Itinerary?
- 20 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 21 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 22 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 23 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 24 Impressions of India
- 25 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer