I'm going to China with a friend in July and welcome any feedback or information-thoughts, input, must sees, etc. Also, wanted to note as background, that I was in China a while back, and my father travels there a lot for business so I have some familiarity, and some resources there (i.e. a driver in shanghai). Here's my itinerary:
Hong Kong-2 days
Beijing- 3 days (full, arriving evening before)
Xian- 1 day (with overnight)
Shangahi-3 full days, leaving midday on the 4th day.
My current plan is to do the main sights in and around Beijing, (ie forbidden city, great wall, summer palace), and I'd like to take one of my Shanghai days and take a train to a water village, Suzhou, or Hangzhou/west lake (or another place, I'm open, and would love recommendations on this day trip).
Another concern is the weather. I know July isn't an ideal time to go, but that's what works with both of our schedules. I keep reading hot, humid, rainy. How rainy does it usually get, are we talking torrential downpour? Any information on typical weather would be much appreciated.
Looking forward to your advice!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://getclasaffloweroil.com/intelligence-rx/
- 2 Japan for Foodies
- 3 Lava Tour Merapi Yogyakarta Report
- 4 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 5 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 6 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 7 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 8 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 9 Japan Rail Pass
- 10 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 11 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 12 Japan - costs
- 13 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 14 Sri Lanka May
- 15 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 16 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 17 Japan rough itinerary
- 18 Laos planning.
- 19 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 20 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 21 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 24 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 25 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July