I will be travelling to China in mid October for 2 weeks. I am arriving in Hong Kong and will be leaving from Beijing. Quite a few itinerary suggestions seem to include Guilin/Yangshuo, and then going to Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing. However, I feel like this would be a bit rushed in such short time. For now, what I am thinking is to skip Guilin and Yangshuo, and instead fly from Hong Kong to Shanghai. I'm mostly interested in architecture (modern and ancient), history and culture, although I'd love to throw in a bit of nature (maybe hiking?).
I was wondering if you would have any suggestions on great places to visit based on my interests, ideally along some kind of Shanghai to Beijing route. I'm thinking that Xi'an might not be worth it for me as I have little interest in the Terracotta Warriors (although I very well might be wrong about that). I'd love to hike a mountain, I've been looking more particularly at Mt. Huangshan or Mt. Hua.
Considering I'll probably need 2 full days in Hong Kong and 4 full days in Beijing, that'd leave 7 days free. I'm thinking maybe 3 days in Shanghai, a day trip to a water town, one on Mt. Huangshan, a few days in Pingyao? Or would skipping either Xi'an or Yangshuo be a huge mistake?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
China: Hong Kong to Beijing 2 weeks itinerary help needed
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 2 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 3 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 4 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 7 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 8 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 9 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 10 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 11 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 12 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 15 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 16 Myanmar - some questions
- 17 July itinerary in Japan
- 18 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 19 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 20 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 21 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 22 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 23 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 24 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 25 Phuket and surrounding areas