I will be travelling to China in mid October for 2 weeks. I am arriving in Hong Kong and will be leaving from Beijing. Quite a few itinerary suggestions seem to include Guilin/Yangshuo, and then going to Shanghai, Xi'an and Beijing. However, I feel like this would be a bit rushed in such short time. For now, what I am thinking is to skip Guilin and Yangshuo, and instead fly from Hong Kong to Shanghai. I'm mostly interested in architecture (modern and ancient), history and culture, although I'd love to throw in a bit of nature (maybe hiking?).
I was wondering if you would have any suggestions on great places to visit based on my interests, ideally along some kind of Shanghai to Beijing route. I'm thinking that Xi'an might not be worth it for me as I have little interest in the Terracotta Warriors (although I very well might be wrong about that). I'd love to hike a mountain, I've been looking more particularly at Mt. Huangshan or Mt. Hua.
Considering I'll probably need 2 full days in Hong Kong and 4 full days in Beijing, that'd leave 7 days free. I'm thinking maybe 3 days in Shanghai, a day trip to a water town, one on Mt. Huangshan, a few days in Pingyao? Or would skipping either Xi'an or Yangshuo be a huge mistake?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
China: Hong Kong to Beijing 2 weeks itinerary help needed
- 1 Magical India
- 2 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 3 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 4 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 5 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 6 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 7 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 8 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 9 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 10 Trip report China
- 11 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 12 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 13 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 14 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 15 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 16 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 17 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 18 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 19 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 20 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 23 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 24 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 25 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!