I am using China Eastern to get from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai next week and have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for on here, FlyerTalk or TA. Hopefully someone can help!
I was able to book my flights directly on the airline's website, which was a nightmare, BTW - site kept timing out, no confirm of the tickets, can't get through to their New York offices for support. After several faxes, I was able to get confirm on the tickets.
My question is regarding the flight and baggage restrictions. I can't figure out what they are. I know that rhkkmk just used for his trip, and not wanting to hijack his TR I am making a new post.
So, I have seen some things that say that NO liquids can be carried on on inter-China flights, is this correct?
What other carry-on baggage restrictions are there?
Is there a baggage allowance? I am *G status on Delta and UA, Delta is a partner, but I was unable to hook my skymiles # with the ticket - would it be advisable to do in advance, again, the only way I can get a hold of them is via fax, which is a pain and time consuming.
I'm travelling with the husband, we will have 2 bags - a 21" roller and a larger suiter that will need to be checked + a backpack and totebag with ipads, magazines etc. I really only want to have to check the one large suiter and want to pack it accordingly, also keeping in mind that I want to get as much carry-on on the flight as possible in case we have lost luggage.
So, any help here is super appreciated! Thanks!
China Eastern Airlines - Inter-China Flight ??
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 2 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 3 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 4 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 5 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 6 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 7 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 8 Travel during China national week?
- 9 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 10 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 11 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 12 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 13 Angkor - when to go?
- 14 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 15 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 16 India with 4 kids
- 17 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 18 Destination Bangkok, again
- 19 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 20 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 21 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 22 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 23 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 24 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 25 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)