I am using China Eastern to get from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai next week and have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for on here, FlyerTalk or TA. Hopefully someone can help!
I was able to book my flights directly on the airline's website, which was a nightmare, BTW - site kept timing out, no confirm of the tickets, can't get through to their New York offices for support. After several faxes, I was able to get confirm on the tickets.
My question is regarding the flight and baggage restrictions. I can't figure out what they are. I know that rhkkmk just used for his trip, and not wanting to hijack his TR I am making a new post.
So, I have seen some things that say that NO liquids can be carried on on inter-China flights, is this correct?
What other carry-on baggage restrictions are there?
Is there a baggage allowance? I am *G status on Delta and UA, Delta is a partner, but I was unable to hook my skymiles # with the ticket - would it be advisable to do in advance, again, the only way I can get a hold of them is via fax, which is a pain and time consuming.
I'm travelling with the husband, we will have 2 bags - a 21" roller and a larger suiter that will need to be checked + a backpack and totebag with ipads, magazines etc. I really only want to have to check the one large suiter and want to pack it accordingly, also keeping in mind that I want to get as much carry-on on the flight as possible in case we have lost luggage.
So, any help here is super appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 2 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 3 OAT trip to India
- 4 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 5 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 6 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 7 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 8 Hakone Free Pass
- 9 Castle & King tour operator review
- 10 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 11 First trip to Japan
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 What beach to choose?!?!
- 14 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 15 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 16 Singapore or Bali
- 17 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 18 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 19 RHK'S Spring trip
- 20 Hotels in Beijing
- 21 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 22 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 23 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 25 Kunming, Yunnan, China