I am using China Eastern to get from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai next week and have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for on here, FlyerTalk or TA. Hopefully someone can help!
I was able to book my flights directly on the airline's website, which was a nightmare, BTW - site kept timing out, no confirm of the tickets, can't get through to their New York offices for support. After several faxes, I was able to get confirm on the tickets.
My question is regarding the flight and baggage restrictions. I can't figure out what they are. I know that rhkkmk just used for his trip, and not wanting to hijack his TR I am making a new post.
So, I have seen some things that say that NO liquids can be carried on on inter-China flights, is this correct?
What other carry-on baggage restrictions are there?
Is there a baggage allowance? I am *G status on Delta and UA, Delta is a partner, but I was unable to hook my skymiles # with the ticket - would it be advisable to do in advance, again, the only way I can get a hold of them is via fax, which is a pain and time consuming.
I'm travelling with the husband, we will have 2 bags - a 21" roller and a larger suiter that will need to be checked + a backpack and totebag with ipads, magazines etc. I really only want to have to check the one large suiter and want to pack it accordingly, also keeping in mind that I want to get as much carry-on on the flight as possible in case we have lost luggage.
So, any help here is super appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 2 Totally unprepared
- 3 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 4 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 5 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 6 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 7 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 8 Rental Car Bali
- 9 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 10 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 11 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 14 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 15 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 16 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 17 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 18 Beggars in Siem Reap and Angkor
- 19 Some notes about South Korea
- 20 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 21 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 22 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 23 Burma itinerary critic.
- 24 Fabric shops in India
- 25 Japan Itinerary Help for April 2017