I am using China Eastern to get from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai next week and have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for on here, FlyerTalk or TA. Hopefully someone can help!
I was able to book my flights directly on the airline's website, which was a nightmare, BTW - site kept timing out, no confirm of the tickets, can't get through to their New York offices for support. After several faxes, I was able to get confirm on the tickets.
My question is regarding the flight and baggage restrictions. I can't figure out what they are. I know that rhkkmk just used for his trip, and not wanting to hijack his TR I am making a new post.
So, I have seen some things that say that NO liquids can be carried on on inter-China flights, is this correct?
What other carry-on baggage restrictions are there?
Is there a baggage allowance? I am *G status on Delta and UA, Delta is a partner, but I was unable to hook my skymiles # with the ticket - would it be advisable to do in advance, again, the only way I can get a hold of them is via fax, which is a pain and time consuming.
I'm travelling with the husband, we will have 2 bags - a 21" roller and a larger suiter that will need to be checked + a backpack and totebag with ipads, magazines etc. I really only want to have to check the one large suiter and want to pack it accordingly, also keeping in mind that I want to get as much carry-on on the flight as possible in case we have lost luggage.
So, any help here is super appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seoul Searching Questions
- 2 Beijing - ? - Hong Kong. Where should we go in between?
- 3 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 4 Hakone station confusion
- 5 Hotel 71 in Dhaka – Best 3 Star Hotel in Dhaka near Airport Bangladesh.
- 6 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 7 Japanese art
- 8 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 9 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 10 Visa on Arrival
- 11 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 12 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 13 Cebu where to stay
- 14 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 15 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 16 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 17 Traveling to SE Asia
- 18 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 19 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 20 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 21 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 22 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 23 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 24 TOKYO tour guide
- 25 travel ideas for Thailand and ??