I am using China Eastern to get from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai next week and have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for on here, FlyerTalk or TA. Hopefully someone can help!
I was able to book my flights directly on the airline's website, which was a nightmare, BTW - site kept timing out, no confirm of the tickets, can't get through to their New York offices for support. After several faxes, I was able to get confirm on the tickets.
My question is regarding the flight and baggage restrictions. I can't figure out what they are. I know that rhkkmk just used for his trip, and not wanting to hijack his TR I am making a new post.
So, I have seen some things that say that NO liquids can be carried on on inter-China flights, is this correct?
What other carry-on baggage restrictions are there?
Is there a baggage allowance? I am *G status on Delta and UA, Delta is a partner, but I was unable to hook my skymiles # with the ticket - would it be advisable to do in advance, again, the only way I can get a hold of them is via fax, which is a pain and time consuming.
I'm travelling with the husband, we will have 2 bags - a 21" roller and a larger suiter that will need to be checked + a backpack and totebag with ipads, magazines etc. I really only want to have to check the one large suiter and want to pack it accordingly, also keeping in mind that I want to get as much carry-on on the flight as possible in case we have lost luggage.
So, any help here is super appreciated! Thanks!
China Eastern Airlines - Inter-China Flight ??
- 1 Custom-made clothing in Beijing or Shanghai?
- 2 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 3 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 4 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 5 Train Fares in Japan
- 6 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 7 Udaipur, India
- 8 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 9 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 10 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 11 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 12 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 13 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 14 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 15 independent travel in India
- 16 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 17 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 18 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 19 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 20 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 21 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 22 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 23 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 24 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 25 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations