I am using China Eastern to get from Beijing to Xi'an and Xi'an to Shanghai next week and have a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers for on here, FlyerTalk or TA. Hopefully someone can help!
I was able to book my flights directly on the airline's website, which was a nightmare, BTW - site kept timing out, no confirm of the tickets, can't get through to their New York offices for support. After several faxes, I was able to get confirm on the tickets.
My question is regarding the flight and baggage restrictions. I can't figure out what they are. I know that rhkkmk just used for his trip, and not wanting to hijack his TR I am making a new post.
So, I have seen some things that say that NO liquids can be carried on on inter-China flights, is this correct?
What other carry-on baggage restrictions are there?
Is there a baggage allowance? I am *G status on Delta and UA, Delta is a partner, but I was unable to hook my skymiles # with the ticket - would it be advisable to do in advance, again, the only way I can get a hold of them is via fax, which is a pain and time consuming.
I'm travelling with the husband, we will have 2 bags - a 21" roller and a larger suiter that will need to be checked + a backpack and totebag with ipads, magazines etc. I really only want to have to check the one large suiter and want to pack it accordingly, also keeping in mind that I want to get as much carry-on on the flight as possible in case we have lost luggage.
So, any help here is super appreciated! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi-SR-LP ?
- 2 Six weeks in Mongolia Early Planning
- 3 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 4 Koh phangan or koh lanta December?
- 5 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 6 Yunnan to Guilin
- 7 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 8 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 9 Honeymoon - Phuket / Kho Lak - Hotel Advice?
- 10 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 11 Hotel recommendation-Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 13 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 14 where can I buy IASO?
- 15 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 16 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 17 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 18 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 19 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 20 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 21 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 22 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 23 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 24 Bagan must see with a guide
- 25 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight