My 17 year old has to visit Nankai University several times over a 2 week period. He is staying with friends in Beijing. Despite the bullet train, the Beijing-Tianjin trip seems it might be too long to do a roundtrip in one day because of the long distance to the South train station from where he is staying in Beijing (North, 4th Ring Road). I thought maybe he could stay overnight near the university if necessary. Can anyone recommend a good hotel very close to the school? I was looking at Tianjin Someset Olympic Towers and Tianjin Super Garden Hotel. They both are rated 4 stars on Chinadepot, and run about $75/night. Really, convenient location, safety and cleanliness are most important and we are willing to pay top rates to make sure he is OK. He leaves in a few days so we are trying to work this out rather urgently! Thanks
China: a good hotel near Nankai University, Tianjin?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 2 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 3 Ideas for solo (female) trip next month
- 4 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 5 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 6 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 7 How far in advance are hotels available to reserve?
- 8 India and Nepal 2014
- 9 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 10 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 11 July itinerary in Japan
- 12 Where in Bali should we stay
- 13 Free Weekend in Hong Kong - your favorite restaurants?
- 14 Hong Kong and ? for 8 days in April
- 15 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 16 Vietnam or Brazil
- 17 Getting a "feel" for a country.
- 18 Car rental companies Phuket Airport?
- 19 Itinerary Feedback - Thailand
- 20 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 21 Delhi, Agra, Rajasthan, Varanasi, Kolkata-Winter TR!
- 22 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 23 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 24 Any info about Zomato?
- 25 First trip to Japan