My 17 year old has to visit Nankai University several times over a 2 week period. He is staying with friends in Beijing. Despite the bullet train, the Beijing-Tianjin trip seems it might be too long to do a roundtrip in one day because of the long distance to the South train station from where he is staying in Beijing (North, 4th Ring Road). I thought maybe he could stay overnight near the university if necessary. Can anyone recommend a good hotel very close to the school? I was looking at Tianjin Someset Olympic Towers and Tianjin Super Garden Hotel. They both are rated 4 stars on Chinadepot, and run about $75/night. Really, convenient location, safety and cleanliness are most important and we are willing to pay top rates to make sure he is OK. He leaves in a few days so we are trying to work this out rather urgently! Thanks
China: a good hotel near Nankai University, Tianjin?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 "Naga New Year Festival 2015"
- 2 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 3 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 4 Explorer the wildlife of Jim Corbett National Park
- 5 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 6 Indian visa
- 7 One week in Thailand
- 8 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 9 US citizens applying for India visa--take care which website you use
- 10 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 11 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 12 Trip to Mt. Merapi and Prambanan Temple, Indonesia
- 13 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 14 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 15 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 16 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 17 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 18 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 19 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 20 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 21 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 22 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 23 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 24 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 25 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!