My 17 year old has to visit Nankai University several times over a 2 week period. He is staying with friends in Beijing. Despite the bullet train, the Beijing-Tianjin trip seems it might be too long to do a roundtrip in one day because of the long distance to the South train station from where he is staying in Beijing (North, 4th Ring Road). I thought maybe he could stay overnight near the university if necessary. Can anyone recommend a good hotel very close to the school? I was looking at Tianjin Someset Olympic Towers and Tianjin Super Garden Hotel. They both are rated 4 stars on Chinadepot, and run about $75/night. Really, convenient location, safety and cleanliness are most important and we are willing to pay top rates to make sure he is OK. He leaves in a few days so we are trying to work this out rather urgently! Thanks
China: a good hotel near Nankai University, Tianjin?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 4 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 5 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 6 Kashmir today
- 7 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 8 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 9 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 10 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 11 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 12 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 13 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 14 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 15 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 16 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 17 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 18 Triple Room in Singapore
- 19 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 20 What I like about Mumbai
- 21 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 22 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 23 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 24 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??