My 17 year old has to visit Nankai University several times over a 2 week period. He is staying with friends in Beijing. Despite the bullet train, the Beijing-Tianjin trip seems it might be too long to do a roundtrip in one day because of the long distance to the South train station from where he is staying in Beijing (North, 4th Ring Road). I thought maybe he could stay overnight near the university if necessary. Can anyone recommend a good hotel very close to the school? I was looking at Tianjin Someset Olympic Towers and Tianjin Super Garden Hotel. They both are rated 4 stars on Chinadepot, and run about $75/night. Really, convenient location, safety and cleanliness are most important and we are willing to pay top rates to make sure he is OK. He leaves in a few days so we are trying to work this out rather urgently! Thanks
China: a good hotel near Nankai University, Tianjin?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 2 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 3 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 4 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 5 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 6 TGS Tours Jaipur
- 7 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 8 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 9 2-3 days in Georgia
- 10 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 11 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 12 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 13 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 14 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 15 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 16 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 17 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 18 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia
- 19 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 20 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 21 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 22 Myanmar Damsel Travels & Tours?
- 23 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang
- 24 Japan in July?
- 25 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!