My 17 year old has to visit Nankai University several times over a 2 week period. He is staying with friends in Beijing. Despite the bullet train, the Beijing-Tianjin trip seems it might be too long to do a roundtrip in one day because of the long distance to the South train station from where he is staying in Beijing (North, 4th Ring Road). I thought maybe he could stay overnight near the university if necessary. Can anyone recommend a good hotel very close to the school? I was looking at Tianjin Someset Olympic Towers and Tianjin Super Garden Hotel. They both are rated 4 stars on Chinadepot, and run about $75/night. Really, convenient location, safety and cleanliness are most important and we are willing to pay top rates to make sure he is OK. He leaves in a few days so we are trying to work this out rather urgently! Thanks
China: a good hotel near Nankai University, Tianjin?
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 2 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 3 SALAY from BAGAN
- 4 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 5 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 6 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 7 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 8 cell phone in india
- 9 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 10 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 11 Magical India
- 12 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 13 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 14 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 15 Japan: best time to go?
- 16 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 17 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 20 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 21 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 22 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 23 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 24 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 25 Visit To Goa