My 17 year old has to visit Nankai University several times over a 2 week period. He is staying with friends in Beijing. Despite the bullet train, the Beijing-Tianjin trip seems it might be too long to do a roundtrip in one day because of the long distance to the South train station from where he is staying in Beijing (North, 4th Ring Road). I thought maybe he could stay overnight near the university if necessary. Can anyone recommend a good hotel very close to the school? I was looking at Tianjin Someset Olympic Towers and Tianjin Super Garden Hotel. They both are rated 4 stars on Chinadepot, and run about $75/night. Really, convenient location, safety and cleanliness are most important and we are willing to pay top rates to make sure he is OK. He leaves in a few days so we are trying to work this out rather urgently! Thanks
China: a good hotel near Nankai University, Tianjin?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Exploring Thailand
- 2 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 3 Looking for affordable yet nice hotel in Beijing, centrally located
- 4 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 5 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 6 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 7 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 8 Japan in December
- 9 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 10 Destination Bangkok, again
- 11 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 12 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 13 Phuket
- 14 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 15 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 16 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 17 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 18 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 19 Phones in Asia
- 20 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 21 marmot and Others - Looking for Bali Furniture Advice
- 22 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 23 India Add-on
- 24 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 25 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?