We are using all of our airline miles accumulated over the years to fly business class to China. I have a bad back, so we're booking a year in advance to make sure we have the layflat seats. We're very excited for the trip.
On the way home we are on a 747 -- we'll have our 9.5 year old and almost 6-year old daughters with us. They're much better fliers than I am but none of us sleep very much, even on international flights. We always have a large activity bag so they'll probably be watching movies and doing crafts or schoolwork. But should we sit upstairs or down? When I've been upstairs on a 747 it's been business travelers trying to work or sleep, so seems like sitting downstairs would be better. What do you experienced fliers say? We'll be happy in either location and want to be considerate.
Second question, on the way home we're CAN (Guangzhou) to ICN (Seoul) on Asiana Airlines transferring to United Airlines at ICN, with 1.5 hours between flights at about 5 pm on a Sunday. We will have checked luggage. Is this enough time?
Children in business class and transfer time at ICN
- 1 Need help rounding out China itinerary
- 2 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 3 Train Fares in Japan
- 4 First trip to China - Itinerary advice please!
- 5 Firefly airlines - reliable and safe?
- 6 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 7 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 8 Udaipur, India
- 9 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 10 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 11 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 12 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 13 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 14 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 15 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 16 independent travel in India
- 17 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 18 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 19 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 20 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 21 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 22 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 23 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 24 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 25 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations