We are using all of our airline miles accumulated over the years to fly business class to China. I have a bad back, so we're booking a year in advance to make sure we have the layflat seats. We're very excited for the trip.
On the way home we are on a 747 -- we'll have our 9.5 year old and almost 6-year old daughters with us. They're much better fliers than I am but none of us sleep very much, even on international flights. We always have a large activity bag so they'll probably be watching movies and doing crafts or schoolwork. But should we sit upstairs or down? When I've been upstairs on a 747 it's been business travelers trying to work or sleep, so seems like sitting downstairs would be better. What do you experienced fliers say? We'll be happy in either location and want to be considerate.
Second question, on the way home we're CAN (Guangzhou) to ICN (Seoul) on Asiana Airlines transferring to United Airlines at ICN, with 1.5 hours between flights at about 5 pm on a Sunday. We will have checked luggage. Is this enough time?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 2 Being customs
- 3 Itinerary feedback please
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Bali - What to do?
- 6 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 7 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 8 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 9 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 10 Tips in Myanmar
- 11 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 12 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 13 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 14 Road Scholar tour in China
- 15 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 16 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 17 myanmar
- 18 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 19 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 20 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 21 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 22 A beach of choice on Samui
- 23 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 24 Travel India solo
- 25 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017