We'll be coming to Chiang Mai in early July for a one week stay and are looking for some advice on accommodation and activities.
We love Chiang Mai and have been a few times before, but never with our young children (aged 4 and 1). We will be arriving after travelling for two months and as this will be the end of our travels we would like to stay somewhere where we can relax and enjoy before we head home to Australia (and back to reality!).
We're not after the height of luxury and would prefer to stay away from large hotels, but somewhere with a pool, that's close to town, friendly staff and possibly a reliable baby-sitting service would be something that we would be keen on. I'm currently looking at Rimping Village, Tamarind Village and Baan Orapin.
Also, any activities you could suggest for young children in the area would be wonderful too!
Thanks so much
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 4 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 5 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 6 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 7 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 8 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 Kerala trip
- 11 E Visa for India?
- 12 1-2 months South East Asia
- 13 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 14 Help - India.
- 15 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 16 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 17 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 18 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 19 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 20 Side trips from Taipei
- 21 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 22 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 23 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 24 Thailand Advice Please
- 25 The Indian money crunch.