I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Changi Baggage Transfer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 2 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 3 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 4 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 6 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 7 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 8 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 9 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 10 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 11 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 12 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 13 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 14 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 15 Indian visa
- 16 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 17 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 18 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 19 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 20 Art in Shanghai
- 21 Dress code in India
- 22 One week in India
- 23 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 24 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 25 help me plan my first trip to japan!