I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan rough itinerary
- 2 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 3 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 4 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 5 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 6 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 7 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 8 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 9 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 10 Bye bye SE Asia
- 11 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 12 One night in Osaka
- 13 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Impressions of India
- 16 Japan - costs
- 17 Japan for Foodies
- 18 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
- 19 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 20 Japan Rail Pass
- 21 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 22 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 23 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 24 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 25 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice