I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Changi Baggage Transfer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nepal- recipe?
- 2 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 3 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 4 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 5 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 6 My SEA trip - photos update
- 7 vietnam and laos
- 8 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 9 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 10 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 11 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 12 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 13 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 14 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 15 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 16 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 17 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 18 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 19 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 20 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 21 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 22 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 23 Connaught Place
- 24 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary