I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Changi Baggage Transfer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.