I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Changi Baggage Transfer
- 1 Best Time to Visit Goa
- 2 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 3 Choosing a honeymoon Thai beach destination
- 4 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 5 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 6 Lost Camera Card at O'Hare
- 7 Cell Phones in India
- 8 Elegance Diamond or Ruby in Hanoi?
- 9 Laos Trip Report (Vientiane, Luang Prabang): February 2013
- 10 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 11 July trip to Asia- advice needed
- 12 India, What Can I Say!
- 13 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 14 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 15 Wildlife Tour of India
- 16 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 17 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 18 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 19 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 20 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 21 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 22 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 23 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 24 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 25 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?