I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 2 Seoul Searching Questions
- 3 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 4 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 5 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 6 Southern India here we come
- 7 2 months in Indonesia
- 8 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 9 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 10 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 11 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 12 I miss Mongolia
- 13 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 14 Visa on Arrival
- 15 Cooking Classes & Private Tours- Bangkok
- 16 Advice on Cambodia & Vietnam please.
- 17 Cambodia to Vietnam via Phu Quoc - visa question, please help
- 18 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 19 Japanese art
- 20 Trip with kids. Singapore or Japan ??
- 21 Hong Kong - 3 nights/days - Itinerary Suggestions?
- 22 Which website to check train availability & cost
- 23 First time to SEA
- 24 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 25 Shanghai - one free day ?what to do