I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 2 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 3 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 4 My new 10 year china visa
- 5 Elderly tourists attacked in Thailand
- 6 Layover in Hong Kong
- 7 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 8 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 9 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 10 Italy from an Asian base
- 11 2 weeks in Java
- 12 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 14 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 15 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 16 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 17 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 18 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 19 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 20 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 21 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 22 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 23 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 24 Update on riding elephants
- 25 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong