I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Changi Baggage Transfer
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 2 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 3 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 6 Indonesian visa update
- 7 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 10 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 11 Vietnam October 2014
- 12 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 13 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 14 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 15 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 16 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 17 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 18 3 days in Teheran
- 19 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 20 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 21 Myranmar VISA
- 22 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 23 slightly... paranoid parent
- 24 Takayama vs. Matsumoto
- 25 Craig and Jeane Visit the Last Shangri La: Bhutan 2012