I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 2 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 3 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 4 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 5 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 6 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 14 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 15 Being customs
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 19 Tips in Myanmar
- 20 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 21 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 22 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 23 myanmar
- 24 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 25 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!