I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Other than Kyoto?
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Trip Report : China
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 6 Beijing tours
- 7 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 8 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 11 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 15 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 16 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 17 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 18 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 19 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 20 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 21 Takayama trail, Japan
- 22 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 23 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 24 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 25 Japan - Will We Get Lost?