I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 2 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 3 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 4 Traveling on low budget ,Japan
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 traveling Japan for 2 months--cities to base in?
- 7 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 8 Spontaneous trip to Japan
- 9 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 10 Hanoi Hotel
- 11 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 12 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 13 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 14 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 15 Best area to stay in Tokyo
- 16 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 17 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 18 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 19 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 20 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 21 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 22 A great trip in India
- 23 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 24 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 25 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?