I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gutted!
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 4 My visit to Lao
- 5 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 6 My visit to Thailand
- 7 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 8 5 weeks in Japan
- 9 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 10 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 11 Family Trip to Japan
- 12 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 13 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 14 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 15 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 16 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 17 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 18 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 19 New Member
- 20 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 21 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 22 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 23 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 24 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 25 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam