I'm flying into Changi on Cathay Pacific from Hong Kong then on to Cairns Australia on Qantas
and I would like to know if I need to collect my baggage in between. If so, would I have to clear immigration then go through the whole check-in procedure. I know there are Transfer counters inside the terminals and they can issue the on-going boarding pass but I can't find out how to organize the baggage from inside the terminal. What is the procedure?
In addition, on the way back I will be flying in on Qantas from Cairns Australia then on to Kuala Lumpur on Singapore Airlines (or maybe Malaysian Airlines) and will have the same problem again with the baggage transfer.
I realize that some airlines arrive/depart from different terminals and we will need to walk or skytrain between terminals but what happens with the baggage on flights using different airlines?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 2 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 3 Travel Video - Tajikistan (2017)
- 4 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 5 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Japan rough itinerary
- 9 shanghai for 4 days
- 10 Budget Servied Apt
- 11 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 12 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 13 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!
- 15 Himeji Castle - luggage storage
- 16 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 17 Opinions on Osaka? And other burning questions...
- 18 Something about... Malaysia
- 19 China Trip - 2 Cities + Lakes, Rivers, and Rice Terraces!
- 20 Help needed for 1 week trip in Kuala Lumpur with kids
- 21 Layover in Seoul with a dog?
- 22 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 23 Tour Companies for Vietnam trip
- 24 Japan - Your favorite locations in Kyushu
- 25 Japan Itinerary!