I am Italian, living in Czech Republic and my gf is Kazakh. We'd like to to have a trip in Central Asia in June - August, duration a couple of days less than one month.
The plan is to fly to Tashkent where the flights are cheaper, going to Almaty, spending there about 10 days, coming back to Tashkent, going to Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, visiting the ship graveyard in Muynaq and t hen eventually coming back to Tashkent.
We would like to get as much information as we can about visas (my gf should need no Visa, while I should get a double entry for UZ and single entry to KZ..how much do they cost? do they expire?) and transfers, mainy we don't have clear whether it's better to take a train or a bus to going to Almaty from Tashkent and back.
Please avoid also mentioning internal flights / KZ - UZ flights because we are looking just for getting around by bus/train or taxi as last options.
Thank you all in advance!
Central Asia - Uzbekistan - Kazakhstan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan, japan
- 2 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 3 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 4 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 5 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 6 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 7 April in Bangkok, again!
- 8 Hong Kong restaurants
- 9 Problems at 12,000'
- 10 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 11 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 12 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 13 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 14 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 15 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 16 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 17 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 18 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 19 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 20 How safe is Delhi/India
- 21 Malaria
- 22 Vietnam and coffee
- 23 I'm going to Japan!
- 24 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 25 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!