I am Italian, living in Czech Republic and my gf is Kazakh. We'd like to to have a trip in Central Asia in June - August, duration a couple of days less than one month.
The plan is to fly to Tashkent where the flights are cheaper, going to Almaty, spending there about 10 days, coming back to Tashkent, going to Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, visiting the ship graveyard in Muynaq and t hen eventually coming back to Tashkent.
We would like to get as much information as we can about visas (my gf should need no Visa, while I should get a double entry for UZ and single entry to KZ..how much do they cost? do they expire?) and transfers, mainy we don't have clear whether it's better to take a train or a bus to going to Almaty from Tashkent and back.
Please avoid also mentioning internal flights / KZ - UZ flights because we are looking just for getting around by bus/train or taxi as last options.
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala trip
- 2 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 3 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 E Visa for India?
- 6 1-2 months South East Asia
- 7 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 8 Help - India.
- 9 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 10 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 11 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 12 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 13 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 14 Side trips from Taipei
- 15 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 16 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 17 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 18 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 19 Thailand Advice Please
- 20 The Indian money crunch.
- 21 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 22 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 23 Myanmar Itinerary review and advise!
- 24 Nara or Hiroshima?
- 25 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017