I am Italian, living in Czech Republic and my gf is Kazakh. We'd like to to have a trip in Central Asia in June - August, duration a couple of days less than one month.
The plan is to fly to Tashkent where the flights are cheaper, going to Almaty, spending there about 10 days, coming back to Tashkent, going to Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, visiting the ship graveyard in Muynaq and t hen eventually coming back to Tashkent.
We would like to get as much information as we can about visas (my gf should need no Visa, while I should get a double entry for UZ and single entry to KZ..how much do they cost? do they expire?) and transfers, mainy we don't have clear whether it's better to take a train or a bus to going to Almaty from Tashkent and back.
Please avoid also mentioning internal flights / KZ - UZ flights because we are looking just for getting around by bus/train or taxi as last options.
Thank you all in advance!
Central Asia - Uzbekistan - Kazakhstan
- 1 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 2 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 3 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 4 Udaipur, India
- 5 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 6 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 7 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 8 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 9 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 10 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 11 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 12 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 13 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 14 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 15 where to go in SE Asia
- 16 4 days with Orangutans Balikpapan + Camp Leakey
- 17 Proposed Sri Lanka Itinerary - any opinions welcome
- 18 Kuala Lumpur - Doubletree (Hilton) or Renaissance (Marriott)?
- 19 which hotel in Bangkok in July?
- 20 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 21 Siem Reap from San Fran in winter 2013 FIRST TIME to Asia
- 22 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 23 Hilton coming in Zhengzhou, China?
- 24 Dreamliner to Japan in Nov.?
- 25 Cambodia, Laos and a bit of Hong Kong - 5 1/2 weeks (Jan.24-March 4, 2013)