I am Italian, living in Czech Republic and my gf is Kazakh. We'd like to to have a trip in Central Asia in June - August, duration a couple of days less than one month.
The plan is to fly to Tashkent where the flights are cheaper, going to Almaty, spending there about 10 days, coming back to Tashkent, going to Samarkand, Bukhara, Khiva, visiting the ship graveyard in Muynaq and t hen eventually coming back to Tashkent.
We would like to get as much information as we can about visas (my gf should need no Visa, while I should get a double entry for UZ and single entry to KZ..how much do they cost? do they expire?) and transfers, mainy we don't have clear whether it's better to take a train or a bus to going to Almaty from Tashkent and back.
Please avoid also mentioning internal flights / KZ - UZ flights because we are looking just for getting around by bus/train or taxi as last options.
Thank you all in advance!
Central Asia - Uzbekistan - Kazakhstan
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 2 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 3 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 4 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 5 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 6 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 7 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 8 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 11 Travel during China national week?
- 12 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 13 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 14 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 15 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 16 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 17 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 18 Angkor - when to go?
- 19 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 20 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 21 India with 4 kids
- 22 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 23 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 24 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 25 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!