I've searched the archives and there doesn't seem to be much on Turkmenistn or Uzbekistan. My husband and I are considering a Dragoman 14 day overland trip that takes in Ashgabat, Tashkent, Samarkand, a camel and Yurt safari etc. Has anyone here been to this part of the world or taken a Dragoman trip in Central Asia? We love your impressions of the area, what to expect, safety etc. Many thanks
Central Asia Overland
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 2 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 3 Japan in July?
- 4 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 5 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 6 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 7 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 8 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 9 TGS Tours Jaipur
- 10 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 11 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 12 2-3 days in Georgia
- 13 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 14 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 15 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 16 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 17 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 18 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 19 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 20 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 21 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia
- 22 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 23 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 24 Myanmar Damsel Travels & Tours?
- 25 Trip report: Thailand and Laos - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Luang Prabang