We leave for Thailand tomorrow (YEAH!!!) and would like to purchase a cell phone for use throughout SE Asia. My first question is: can we buy one phone that can be used for Thailand, Laos & Cambodia? Second Q: What type should we buy? I'm assuming we should buy it with a prepaid sim card. I know this question has come up previously and been answered by Hanuman but in the search I did, the question was for 2010. Perhaps there is more recent info? Thank you for your help.
cell phones - suggestions needed for type or doesn't it matter
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 2 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 3 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 4 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 5 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 6 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 7 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 8 Nepal- recipe?
- 9 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 10 China trip - 15 nights
- 11 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 12 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 13 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 14 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 15 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 16 best dining in Kyoto
- 17 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 18 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 19 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 20 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 21 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 22 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 23 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 24 Japan in July?
- 25 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages