Do we need to take a pile of dollars with us when we visit Luang Prabang, Siem Reap, and Sri Lanka? I'm assuming that major hotels will take credit cards, but what about restaurants, stores, entrance fees at Angkor, departure taxes, visa fees, etc.? Also, are there ATM's in any of these places? I'd prefer not to take alot of cash but want to be prepared. Thanks very much.
Cash and credit cards in Luang Prabang, Siem Reap, and Sri Lanka
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel during China national week?
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 5 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 6 Phuket
- 7 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 8 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 9 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 10 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 11 Japan - Osaka - Things to see?
- 12 Best way to get from Jakarta to Balii
- 13 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 14 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 15 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 16 India, What Can I Say!
- 17 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 18 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 19 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 20 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 21 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 22 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 23 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 24 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 25 Angkor - when to go?