First of all, I should say that I spent a lot of time reading this forum while planning my trip to India, and the advice I picked up was really helpful!
I wanted to share a recommendation for the car/driver hire service we used --- www.hiredriverindia.com, operated by Narendra Kumar. After much research and making requests for quotes from several established tour operators, I decided to go with Narendra and we could not have been more pleased with the outcome. A few points:
I was looking for just a car with driver, having already made all my hotel bookings on my own. Some tour operators seem to prefer booking an entire package tour for you, but Narendra was happy to oblige with just a car and driver.
Narendra himself is a driver but also has relationships with other drivers to handle additional volume. (His own reputation has grown to the point where it seems you have to book him several months in advance.) The driver he assigned to us was named Mr. Swaroop Singh and he was wonderful. He has 12 years of experience as a professional driver and was just excellent.
The car (Tata Indigo) was clean, in great shape, and very comfortable.
They were very prompt at responding to e-mails and we were able to arrange everything in advance. Narendra even took the time to have tea with us at one of our stops where we happened to be in the same place at the same time, just to make sure we were having a great time.
(Not related to the company, but): We did find it very useful to get an Indian SIM card for our cell phone and buy some minutes so we could get in touch with our driver that way. The card and way more minutes than we needed were only 200 INR.
Hope this is helpful for anyone considering hiring a car with driver in India!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://wellnessfeeds.com/testo-rampage/
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 4 Serendipity Srilanka
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 New Thai Visa
- 7 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 8 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka in December
- 13 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 14 january 31 in colombo
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 17 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 18 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 19 3 weeks in Japan
- 20 A first time for everything in Japan
- 21 India Tour Companies
- 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com