First of all, I should say that I spent a lot of time reading this forum while planning my trip to India, and the advice I picked up was really helpful!
I wanted to share a recommendation for the car/driver hire service we used --- www.hiredriverindia.com, operated by Narendra Kumar. After much research and making requests for quotes from several established tour operators, I decided to go with Narendra and we could not have been more pleased with the outcome. A few points:
I was looking for just a car with driver, having already made all my hotel bookings on my own. Some tour operators seem to prefer booking an entire package tour for you, but Narendra was happy to oblige with just a car and driver.
Narendra himself is a driver but also has relationships with other drivers to handle additional volume. (His own reputation has grown to the point where it seems you have to book him several months in advance.) The driver he assigned to us was named Mr. Swaroop Singh and he was wonderful. He has 12 years of experience as a professional driver and was just excellent.
The car (Tata Indigo) was clean, in great shape, and very comfortable.
They were very prompt at responding to e-mails and we were able to arrange everything in advance. Narendra even took the time to have tea with us at one of our stops where we happened to be in the same place at the same time, just to make sure we were having a great time.
(Not related to the company, but): We did find it very useful to get an Indian SIM card for our cell phone and buy some minutes so we could get in touch with our driver that way. The card and way more minutes than we needed were only 200 INR.
Hope this is helpful for anyone considering hiring a car with driver in India!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 3 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 4 Vietnam visa
- 5 Vietnam visa debate
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies
Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com